Educational Specialist II - Placement
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Educational Specialist - Placement coordinates assignments
for students with disabilities who receive their special
instruction in a citywide or more restrictive environment.
Placements include the following level of students: who are not
currently enrolled in Baltimore City Public Schools, those who are
currently enrolled and require a placement in citywide programs,
separate public day schools, nonpublic placements and those who
require placement by outside agency referral (such as Department of
Social Services).Essential Functions
- Plans and executes the placement of student with disabilities
to ensure that all students receive their education in their Least
Restrictive Environment (LRE) according to their Individualized
Educational Program (IEP).
- Reviews transfer packets, including IEP (if included) to
determine if student requires citywide supports, SPDS or nonpublic
placement. Contacts sending school for clarity and additional
information, if needed.
- Works with Directors and/or Coordinators within the Office of
Special Education to generate and distribute student placement
- Develops and delivers professional development activities that
provide district office and school-based staff with the knowledge
and skills needed to ensure appropriate placement of a student with
- Consults with families to ensure enrollment and transportation
are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains database to ensure all student placements are updated
and maintained, including exit memos for students no longer
utilizing citywide supports.
- Reviews SSRS reports regularly to reconcile information in
Infinite Campus with class enrollment.
- Serves as a liaison between schools, parents, and OSE on
placement of SWD.
- Executes transportation documents within the Infinite Campus
- Attends IEP Team meetings if required to discuss City Schools
placement options for SWD.
- Collaborates with Enrollment, Choice and Transfer office and
follow City Schools enrollment guidelines.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws,
state laws, school boards policies and the professional
Maximum Salary 107495.00
Minimum Salary 82017.00
- Master's degree in special education or related area. Degree
must be from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Maryland State Department of Education Advanced
Professional Certificate with Administrator I endorsement
(endorsement is preferred; not required).
- Knowledge of federal and state legislation and guidelines
governing the education of students with disabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
interpersonal skills that encourage effective teambuilding.
- Effective organization and leadership skills.
- Ability to prepare resource materials and provide guidance and
professional development to district office and school-based
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of technical computer
applications including Microsoft Office and Excel.
Full time or Part time Full time
Additional DetailsQualified candidates for the above position must
submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and
all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include:
name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies
accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to
applicationBenefits - This position is eligible for benefits. To
review the available options please see the information relevant to
the union for this position by viewing the following link:
http://www.baltimorecityschools.orgBaltimore City Public Schools
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or
national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and
activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America
and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the
nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity
Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and
Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore,
MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is
affiliated with the Public School Administrators and Supervisors
(PSASA) bargaining union.This position is affiliated with the State
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Educational Specialist II - Placement, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...