Enterprise System Engineer - Junior Level
Company: Applied Technology Services
Posted on: March 19, 2023
If you are seeking a position with a strong team, focused on
doing great things every day, with the opportunity to sell a wide
array of technology solutions from the desktop to the data center,
then join our team at ATS! We are looking for talented, creative
individuals to help our customers solve problems.Applied Technology
Services (ATS) is an IT systems integrator and has been a trusted
partner to customers in the Mid-Atlantic region for 20 years. We
have core competencies in Enterprise Modernization, Infrastructure
Services, End User Computing, Workforce Optimization, Cyber
Security Solutions and IT Staffing. ATS provides a wide array of
professional and managed services from the data center to the
desktop. ATS holds minority certifications in Delaware, Maryland,
the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania and Virginia and is a
Third-Party Certified Women Owned Small Business (WOSB)Applied
Technology Services (ATS) seeking a -Enterprise System Engineer -
Junior Level.The ideal candidate must possess the following: -
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an
associate degree in -computer science or a related field, plus two
years of experience in enterprise system -implementations,
operations, and maintenance.
- Two years' experience with implementation and integration of
commercial off-the-shelf -(COTS) software into existing
architectures. Customer service and support experience
- Other combinations of applicable education, training, and
experience that provide the -knowledge, abilities, and skills
necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
- -Responsibilities: -
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows Servers that deliver
services for the -organization's environment. Work closely with
vendors to identify performance issues -and schedule updates and
- Develop and implement scripts and utilities to automate system
and application -administration and maintenance tasks.
- Support the process of maintaining appropriate operating system
software levels to -ensure a secure and stable environment.
- Participate in architectural and design decisions.
- Participate in disaster recovery and business continuity
planning and implementation.
- Works on multiple project requests. Engage vendors of
applications and systems to -assist with best practice
implementations and troubleshooting.
- Participate in establishing effective and efficient governance
policies to aid in the -management and effectiveness of the
- Coordinate system testing and assists users with acceptance
testing to ensure product -being delivered meets project
- Design, develop and support technology solutions that integrate
ancillary tools with core -enterprise systems in order to enhance
the value and services to clients.
- Work with the various district systems engineers to maintain
current, stable and highly -available systems architecture.
- Research and provide guidance on new technology solutions
focusing on increasing the -effectiveness and efficiency of our
clients business and educational processes.
- Document work, including commenting code, preparing release
notes, and updating end -user documentation.
- Write and document solution specifications.
- Use configuration management tools, such as source code
repository to ensure that -work is both integrated into overall
solution and backed up. - -
Required Skills: -
- Knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and its
application in the -development of technology solutions.
- Knowledge of business and educational operations, processes and
- Knowledge of computer systems, servers, Local Area Networks,
programming and script development.
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating system
administration and industry -best practices.
- Skill in working with virtual servers such as VMWare and
- Skill in installing, configuring and maintaining IIS
- Skill in project management and program planning.
- Skill in administering network servers such as application
servers, web servers, SOL -servers.
- Skill in programming scripts and utilities to automate
administrative and service-oriented -tasks.
- Skill in evaluating technology and recommending network server
configurations and -architectures.
- Skill in communicating to all levels of users.
- Skill in maintaining documentation for network configurations,
equipment and -procedures, and analyzing, testing, and implementing
architectural designs that support -new and existing business
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to create, articulate, document and execute a plan for
completing a solutions -development task, including component-level
design and assumptions.
- Ability to estimate level of effort to complete component-level
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to learn new languages, frameworks and development
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Ability and willingness to work under the technical direction
of a senior engineer or -consultant.
- Ability to work with little technical oversight on
- Ability to communicate technical issues, risks, and approaches
to direct reports, peers, -superiors, and clients.
- Ability to engage client on client's domain level to provide
feedback on business and -technical issues, discuss risks, and
offer alternative solutions.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on
- Ability to perform under various levels of urgency and meet
deadlines. -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Applied Technology Services, Baltimore , Enterprise System Engineer - Junior Level, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...