Educational Associate 12 mth - 504
Company: Baltimore City Public Schools
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Under the direction of the Coordinator 504, the Educational
Associate- 504 will support the management of guidelines and
procedures for the implementation, evaluation, and provision of
services to students with disabilities under Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act; Support with systemic monitoring of Section 504
including 504 compliance, documentation/data, and response to
parent, school, and community requests for information relative to
City Schools Section 504 procedures and adherence to the
- Provides technical assistance to schools, parents, and
administrators with implementation of student 504 plans,
documentation and compliance issues or meetings.
- Develops and implements system wide professional development
and support school teams in the implementation of 504 practices and
- Supports the creation and continued enhancement of tools,
guidance, resources, and supplementary materials necessary to
effectively communicate and implement Section 504.
- Monitors the accuracy and timeliness of 504 student information
using City School's student information system (Infinite
- Provides support services to administrators, school staffs, and
central office personnel for the implementation of 504 student
- Provides technical assistance to ensure that complaints
regarding evaluations, identification, disciplinary actions, or
placement of a student with disabilities under Section 504 are
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal
employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal and
state laws, school board policies and the professional
Maximum Salary 106010.00
Minimum Salary 60644.00
- Bachelor's degree in counseling, education, social work,
student personnel services, psychology, law, or other related
field; Master's Degree preferred. Degree must be from an accredited
college or institution.
- Valid MSDE Standard Professional Certificate in appropriate
- Three years of teaching and/or student support programs,
demonstrating proven strategies and results with implementing
student interventions; special education experience preferred.
- knowledge of classroom structures, operations and strategies
that will support students of varying abilities.
- Knowledge and experience with general behavior, instructional
management, and/or curriculum design.
- Understanding of the implication of disabilities or impairments
for educational setting and instruction.
- Documented experience in implementing 504 plans.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with a wide range of district staff, community agencies, and
federal, state and local officials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
the ability to make effective presentations to diverse
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective team building.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to make effective, professional presentations and
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of technical computer
applications, including Microsoft Office.
Full time or Part time Full time
Additional DetailsQualified candidates for the above position must
submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum
qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences
and education related to the position to which you are
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and
all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include:
name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies
accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to
applicationBenefits - This position is eligible for benefits. To
review the available options please see the information relevant to
the union for this position by viewing the following link:
http://www.baltimorecityschools.orgBaltimore City Public Schools
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or
national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and
activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America
and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the
nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity
Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and
Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore,
MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is
affiliated with the Baltimore Teachers Union (BTU) bargaining
This position is affiliated with the State Retirement Plan.
Keywords: Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore , Educational Associate 12 mth - 504, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...