Company: Archdiocese of Baltimore
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Pastorate of St. Francis of Assisi and St. Louis,
Clarksville seek a qualified Facilities Assistant who will conduct
maintenance work on all parish properties, including the St.
Francis of Assisi church and office, St. Louis church and office,
St. Louis rectory, St. Louis school, and the St. Louis cemetery.
Reports to the Director of Facilities and the Director of
Operations. Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor the work of and communicate with the landscaping and
- Maintain neat and clean facilities, including the campus
grounds. Clean restrooms as necessary.
- Inspect campus daily and address general maintenance issues;
take initiative and be proactive. Conduct general maintenance of
campus, facilities, equipment, and grounds; includes light
carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical and general punch list
and special projects work.
- Meet regularly with Director of Facilities and Director of
Operations to update a Work List - Fill in for the Director of
Facilities when he is on vacation or otherwise unavailable.
- Be competent in using the software for room reservations
(Meeting Room Manager or equivalent). Be competent in using the
software for controlling the HVAC system and the door locking
- Set up and break down rooms as directed for school and parish
functions. Includes cleaning and chair/table set up.
- Check function of HVAC, lighting, fire suppression system and
other facility operating systems on a regular basis.
- Recruit and supervise parish volunteers to assist with
- Attend staff meetings when possible.Safety and Security:
- Identify safety and security issues and address and fix items
as they occur.
- Contact Police, Fire and other emergency groups when
- Ensure buildings, structures, enclosures and doors are secure
and locked when not in use.Qualifications:
- Ability to self-motivate, manage responsibilities and work
independently, including strong multi-tasking and critical thinking
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work, communicate effectively, and maintain good
relationships with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. consistently and up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Some experience with Facilities maintenance, (especially
plumbing, HVAC, and electrical), Grounds, and General Maintenance
Keywords: Archdiocese of Baltimore, Baltimore , Facilities Assistant, Other , Clarksville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...