Data Scientist - next-generation sequencing (NGS)
Company: Laboratory Corporation
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Labcorp is a leading healthcare company that provides a range of
diagnostic and medical laboratory services to patients, healthcare
providers, and biopharmaceutical companies. With annual revenue of
over $10+ billion and more than 70,000 employees, Labcorp is a
recognized leader in the healthcare industry.We are currently
seeking an extraordinary, highly motivated Data Scientist to join
our Bioinformatics team, with a focus on development and evaluation
of emerging technologies for tissue and cell-free DNA liquid biopsy
approaches. The successful candidate will analyze and evaluate data
from our diagnostic assays for research and clinical use. The
candidate will also facilitate the early development and validation
of laboratory based diagnostic analyses.This role is located in
- Provides analytical expertise in the feasibility research,
early development and validation of products and service
- Plans and executes focused analyses to evaluate the
sensitivity, robustness, scalability, and other relevant
characteristics of select technologies to demonstrate product
specifications and meet regulatory standards.
- Works closely with bioinformatics, biostatisticians, and
R&D scientists to participate in the design, creation, and
delivery of analytical reports, analyses, and technical or design
- Conducts daily activities independently, making technical
decisions with understanding of technical and business needs.
- Presents data clearly to cross-functional team to enable data
- Anticipates risks and mitigations, determines priorities,
provides subject matter expertise.
- Manages several projects at once and master new concepts and
skills quickly with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Monitors sample and project status, and address potential
issues and failures in a timely and effective manner.
- Serves as an ongoing knowledge resource within the team and at
- Trains colleagues at all levels on processes and technologies
relevant to project goals.
- Establishes procedures and systems for maintaining standards
and ensuring consistency.
- Delivers a high-quality product and high level of service to
- May act as a project team member or technical lead.
- Works collaboratively with PMO, quality, regulatory, R&D,
and the Bioinformatics team to execute project deliverables.
- Other responsibilities as required for successful
Bioinformatics operations.REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD or Master's degree preferred or Bachelor's degree with
experience working with large next-generation sequencing
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and encouraging team members
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly
on the job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Familiarity with concepts in data science, cancer biology,
genomics, and/or bioinformatics
- Excellent computer proficiency (Linux/CLI, R, Bash, Python,
Perl, MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in computational skills
and level of experience building data models using R, Python or
other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages
- Applied experience in Genomics or Cancer Biology
- Applied experience in CAP/CLIP, NY State, or FDA diagnostic
- Educational preparation or applied experience in Big Data, Data
Analytics, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science
or other related quantitative discipline
- Proficient in predictive modeling to include comprehension of
theory, modeling/identification strategies and limitations and
pitfallsLabcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As an
EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the
workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any
kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.For more information about how we collect
and store your personal data, please see our.
Keywords: Laboratory Corporation, Baltimore , Data Scientist - next-generation sequencing (NGS), Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...