Maintenance Worker - temporary
Company: Archdiocese of Baltimore
Posted on: May 28, 2023
St. Clare Parish is seeking candidates for a Temporary
Maintenance Worker. The temporary Maintenance Worker will provide
preventive and corrective maintenance on all equipment, buildings
(three major buildings) and campus to ensure safety of all persons,
including staff and visitors, and to extend the life and appearance
of these items. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of repairs and maintenance, including
painting, carpentry, minor plumbing and electrical work, furniture
removal, and equipment upkeep/repair (e.g. lawn mower, leaf blower,
weed whacker etc.)
- Performs all duties warranted under the Preventive Maintenance
Program of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- Performs general custodial work including trash removal from
grounds and buildings, cleaning up spills, buffing floors,
unloading supplies, etc.
- Maintains campus grounds by cutting grass, weeding, removing
leaves, snow, trash, etc.
- Set up chairs and tables for events and takes down same items
upon conclusion of those events.
- Ensure that all buildings are secured in the evenings to
prevent security breaches.
- Coordinates work of outside contractors and provides oversight
to ensure proper completion of work.
- Maintains inventory of maintenance and bathroom supplies, and
restocks supplies as needed. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of three years prior experience in skilled and basic
maintenance work for professional facilities, including cleaning,
building and equipment repair and maintenance is preferred.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and experience in maintenance in
the fields of carpentry, electrical work, painting and minor
drywall repair, plumbing, sanitation, mechanics, and janitorial
- Ability to safely operate various types of manual and power
tools and automated systems.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently; to move furniture,
equipment and other materials weighing up to and in excess of 100
pounds; to move about within very tight spaces where large and
potentially dangerous equipment is stored; to ascend and descend
ladders as needed.
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with
Pastor, staff, and other church stakeholders.
- Must model Christian attitudes and behaviors and adhere to the
Archdiocesan Code of Conduct.NOTE: This position will require
on-call availability in order to respond to emergency needs when
Keywords: Archdiocese of Baltimore, Baltimore , Maintenance Worker - temporary, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...