Principal Systems Engineer
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) develops, manufactures, and
operates customized marine systems, shipboard equipment, subsea
vehicles, and engineered solutions for commercial and U.S. military
Oceaneering Aerospace and Defense Technologies (AdTech) delivers
solutions that enable humans to work safely and effectively in
harsh environments - from underwater to the outer reaches of space.
Our innovative solutions support the development and application of
practical, cost-effective systems that meet our customers'
challenges - from routine to extreme. Our experience and expertise
across multiple industries uniquely positions us as a leader in the
government, space, and maritime services markets. Our products and
services meet the rigorous demands of the complex environments in
which they operate, delivering results without compromising safety
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Principal Systems Engineer provides overall guidance to OTECH
programs by applying advanced technical knowledge to OTECH's
engineering and design activities. Provides technical guidance and
recommendations to Program Managers and teams of engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Shallperform analysis of user requirements, concept of
operations documents, and high-level system architectures to
develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyze system requirements and lead design and development
activities. Guide users in formulating requirements, advise
alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of
requirements, design, and technology, incorporate new plans,
designs, and systems into ongoing operations, develop technical
documentation, system architecture, and system design
- Guide system development and implementation planning through
assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans
and system integration and test plans and procedures.
- Take an active leadership role in Bid and Proposal efforts
including cost estimating, technical approach definition, and input
to baseline schedule data.
- Provide Leadership and technical oversight to a myriad of
ADTECH Technical Working Groups, including assessing and improving
ADTECH processes and capabilities.
- Some travel may be required.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems
- Master's degree in systems Engineering preferred.
- INCOSE/CSEP/ESEP Certificate desired.
- Minimum 20 years of practical experience in Systems
- Three or more years of management experience leading
multidisciplinary design teams.
- Minimum 16 years of experience with
- contributing to the development of sections of systems
engineering documentation, including system engineering plans,
initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and
interface control documents.
- managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure
the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the
defined system architectures, including Department of Defense
Architecture Framework (DoDAF and Service-oriented Architecture
- assisting with the development of system requirements,
functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual
hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- participating in the development of system engineering
documentation, including system engineering plans, initial
capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface
- system requirements and stakeholder need, including functions
that may be logically inferred and implied, as essential to system
- Working knowledge with an SEDB tool (CRADLE, DOORS etc).
- 5 Years of experience at the design engineering level.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in
a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- US citizen must be able to obtain security clearance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. Peoplesoft
- Master's degree in related field.
- Work experience with US Department of Defense.
- May be widely recognized for achievements, technical expertise,
and professional standing within selected field.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Baltimore , Principal Systems Engineer, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!