College Internship Program Specialist
Company: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Labor
Posted on: November 18, 2023
DescriptionAre you passionate about helping college internship
students have a transformative workplace experience while they
prepare for their careers?
Do you possess excellent organizational and social skills?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at
In APL's STEM Program Office, our mission is to develop the
nation's STEM talent. We offer relevant experiences and exposure to
students in grades elementary through college. Our College
Internship Program Specialist will work with sector and department
partners, build and supervise the lab-wide college enrichment and
networking programs, increase efforts to convert promising intern
students to APL staff, and develop and implement the college
programs for APL's current and emerging college internship tracks.
Our goal is to ensure that every college internship student leaves
APL with an enriching and educational experience. As a College
Internship Program Specialist...
- Your primary responsibility will be to develop, implement, and
lead the programming aspects of APL's 500+ participant college
- You will develop and implement evidence-based activities,
workshops, conferences, mentoring, and other engaging activities
for our college intern students with an emphasis on historically
marginalized student populations.
- You will lead the development and implementation of in-person
and virtual course modules for interns and mentors.
- You will partner with APL's diversity, equity, and inclusion
teams, specialized intern program coordinators, and other key
partners across the Laboratory to provide programming that
addresses the needs of marginalized student populations.
- You will partner with APL's College Recruiting Office to
develop and maintain relationships with key university partners
especially Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic
Serving Institutions, and Tribal Colleges and Universities.
- You will collaborate with other APL STEM specialists to ensure
cross-program alignment and provide support during other programs
- You will analyze and interpret data to make programmatic
- You will deliver presentations internal and external to APL and
participate in, professional association conferences and diversity
- You will facilitate and support special student-related events
on evenings and weekends as needed to accomplish program goals and
- You will travel within the DC/Baltimore metropolitan area and
occasionally out-of-state in support of college-related conferences
QualificationsYou meet our minimum qualifications for the job if
* Possess a Bachelor's degree in education, business
administration, communication, human resources, or related
* Have demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and
leading programs for college students or educational programs.
* Can deliver effective presentations to STEM professionals,
students, educators, and other STEM organizations in both large and
* Are a collaborative and organized self-starter with the ability
to work effectively in a team environment.
* Are proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. You
will go above and beyond our minimum qualifications if you...
* Have professional experience providing services for college
* Have demonstrated the ability to work with students from
marginalized populations that are underrepresented in STEM majors
* Are skilled with various technologies including survey tools
(e.g., Qualtrics); social media platforms such as LinkedIn, student
information systems (SIS), learning management systems (LMS), and
* Have built and implemented learning modules or curriculums Why
work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)
brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,
security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to
solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what
makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant,
welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to
work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring
teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage
creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous
benefits, including a robust education assistance program,
unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life
balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro
area. Learn more about our career opportunities
athttp://www.jhuapl.edu/careers. #LI-KW1About UsAPL is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or
familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed
to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity,
encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In
doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If
you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part
of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu.
Only by ensuring that everyone's voice is heard are we empowered to
be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
Keywords: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Labor, Baltimore , College Internship Program Specialist, Other , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!