Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) develops, manufactures, and
operates customized marine systems, shipboard equipment, subsea
vehicles, and engineered solutions for commercial and U.S. military
Oceaneering Aerospace and Defense Technologies (AdTech) delivers
solutions that enable humans to work safely and effectively in
harsh environments - from underwater to the outer reaches of space.
Our innovative solutions support the development and application of
practical, cost-effective systems that meet our customers'
challenges - from routine to extreme. Our experience and expertise
across multiple industries uniquely positions us as a leader in the
government, space, and maritime services markets. Our products and
services meet the rigorous demands of the complex environments in
which they operate, delivering results without compromising safety
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior Systems Engineer applies a working knowledge of systems
engineering fundamentals to provide guidance to the division's
engineering and design activities under the direction of a Program
Manager. The Senior Systems Engineer will be required to interact
with other OTECH personnel and the client to guide engineering
efforts to meet the client's requirements. The Senior Systems
Engineer will provide guidance to engineering design efforts
through the development of systems engineering documentation,
including concepts of operations, requirements specifications,
interface control documents and drawings, hazard analysis, test
plans and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs analysis of user requirements, concept of operations
documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system
requirements specifications in a System Engineering Database (SEDB)
- Guide system development and implementation planning through
preparation of concept of operations, interface control documents,
hazard analysis, and test plans and procedures.
- Displays excellent technical judgment, attention to detail, and
ability to look at the "big picture" in system design.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by
self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and
- Some travel may be required.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems
- Master's degree in systems Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in Systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience with
- Contributing to the development of sections of systems
engineering documentation, including system engineering plans,
initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and
interface control documents.
- Managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure
the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the
defined system architectures, including Department of Defense
Architecture Framework (DoDAF and Service-oriented Architecture
- Assisting with the development of system requirements,
functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual
hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Participating in the development of system engineering
documentation, including system engineering plans, initial
capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface
- System requirements and stakeholder need, including functions
that may be logically inferred and implied, as essential to system
- Minimum 5 years' experience with an SEDB tool preferably DOORS.
- Schema development.
- Document import and export, linking.
- Report generation.
- Database management.
- 5 Years of experience at the design engineering level.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in
a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Active TS/SCI with CI poly required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong
working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. Peoplesoft knowledge
- Master's degree in related field.
- May be widely recognized for achievements, technical expertise,
and professional standing within selected field.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Baltimore , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!