Life Cycle Logistician
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) develops, manufactures, and
operates customized marine systems, shipboard equipment, subsea
vehicles, and engineered solutions for commercial and U.S. military
Oceaneering Aerospace and Defense Technologies (AdTech) delivers
solutions that enable humans to work safely and effectively in
harsh environments - from underwater to the outer reaches of space.
Our innovative solutions support the development and application of
practical, cost-effective systems that meet our customers'
challenges - from routine to extreme. Our experience and expertise
across multiple industries uniquely positions us as a leader in the
government, space, and maritime services markets. Our products and
services meet the rigorous demands of the complex environments in
which they operate, delivering results without compromising safety
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Life Cycle Logistician applies a working knowledge of
life cycle logistics fundamentals in a managed team environment.
This role requires providing guidance and recommendations regarding
life cycle support to managers, engineering staff, and support
staff in OTECH.
This role requires experience with DoD acquisition logistics
procedures and documentation, as explained in DoD references such
as the Product Support Manger's Guidebook and the Integrated
Product Support Element Guidebook.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support OTECH Program Managers and serve as a program focal
point for logistics support.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of logistics support
and products for assigned OTECH programs.
- Manage life cycle projects for assigned OTECH programs.
- Work effectively with an interdisciplinary team of engineers,
designers, drafters, technical writers, analysts, and
- Assist in bid and proposal efforts by providing OTECH and
ADTECH Integrated Product Support (IPS) capability information and
inputs to baseline schedule and data.
- Estimate personnel and resource requirements to meet program
objectives (cost, schedule, and performance) and communicate
required changes to appropriate Functional Manager(s).
- Meet cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements of
government acquisition programs.
- Interact with customer representatives to define and manage
expectations for logistics support.
- Document logistics products as required by program (i.e.
contract deliverable requirements, databases, etc.).
- Independently develop objectives, schedules, and estimates for
difficult assignments and prepare reports on the results.
- Present results to Project Managers and Logistics Product
Support Manager (LPSM).
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to assess and improve
both customer and Oceaneering processes and capabilities.
- Conduct research and meet with subject matter experts (SMEs) as
- Evaluate Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and vendor
capability to provide required product or services.
- Devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate sound technical judgement, independence, and
- Conduct routine analyses and tests and complete required
- Additional duties as assigned by Logistics Product Support
Manager (LPSM), or Project Manager.
- Occasional work outside normal working hours should be
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or
other technical discipline. Significant experience may be
considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5-10 years of practical experience in life cycle
- 2 or more years of experience leading multidisciplinary
logistics support teams.
- Experience with the development of:
- Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSPs)
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA)
- ILS Management Plans
- System Training Plans
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A)
- Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages
- Spare parts planning and management
- Disposal Planning
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to interact with employees at all levels of the company,
subcontractor organizations, and customer representatives.
- General technical knowledge and practical application of
engineering principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and data.
- Demonstrated, successful performance in Logistics
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, logistics
software, and database management.
- Knowledge of government and commercial contract requirements
and Government publication standards.
- DAWIA Life Cycle Logistics Level 3 certification
- Experience with large-scale commercial and/or military
- Ability to maintain a security clearance.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Baltimore , Life Cycle Logistician, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!