EVM Project Scheduler
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) develops, manufactures, and
operates customized marine systems, shipboard equipment, subsea
vehicles, and engineered solutions for commercial and U.S. military
Oceaneering Aerospace and Defense Technologies (AdTech) delivers
solutions that enable humans to work safely and effectively in
harsh environments - from underwater to the outer reaches of space.
Our innovative solutions support the development and application of
practical, cost-effective systems that meet our customers'
challenges - from routine to extreme. Our experience and expertise
across multiple industries uniquely positions us as a leader in the
government, space, and maritime services markets. Our products and
services meet the rigorous demands of the complex environments in
which they operate, delivering results without compromising safety
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The EVM Project Scheduler shall take the lead in the development
and maintenance of Integrated Master Schedules with government EVM
requirements. They will be responsible for the successful
development, planning, coordinating and management of schedule and
performance of all aspects of complex engineering projects and
tasks. Responsible for maintaining detailed resource-loaded
schedules in according to DOD, OTECH, and program requirements.
Using scheduling tools such as MS Project or Primavera P6, the
position will monitor and report on schedule performance and
deliverables status updates. Expert communication skills will be
required to report on the technical progress, issues, and problem
areas, as well as write and present monthly schedule project
reviews. Solid planning capabilities and ability to interface with
many different organizations (internal and external). Ability to
quickly adjust priorities and schedule based on needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop complex, multi-phased, resource loaded Program Integrated
Master Schedule (IMS) that reflects the Statement of Work, Basis of
Estimate, and contract reporting requirements.
- Work with Program Manager in the implementation of EVM policies
and best practices on project schedules.
- Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) planning and execution
- Conduct program schedule and trend analysis and report data, e.g.
late start/finish, forecast dates impacts, manage program schedule
margin, and changes to critical path(s)
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management,
and other project management techniques to gauge progress and
identify performance variances
- Provide schedules visibility, reporting, and schedule analyses,
assist in risk analyses, and identifies and resolves critical path
and network logic conflicts.
- Monitor the Program IMS to ensure the Performance Measurement
Baseline (PMB) supports the Programs execution Plan & ensures
cost/schedule integration with Program Financials.
- Works directly with Project Teams to identify internal and
external dependencies, milestones and deliverables.
- Master's degree in a related or technical field. Combination of
education and relevant experience may be considered.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in defense, government,
and/or engineering design projects.
- Minimum 10 years' experience with Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft
- Expert-Level knowledge of Federal government EVMS standards and
guidelines including but not limited to EIA-748 and MIL-STD-881
- Ability to create and maintain fully resource loaded Integrated
Master Schedule in accordance with industry best practices, company
policies, and contractual requirements with a minimum of 400
- Support the implementation of Earned Value Management and
- Provide support for Program Management Reviews and Design Reviews
using EVM methods, tools, and information
- Extensive understanding of project scheduling best practices
including but not limited to Critical Path Analysis, Resource
Management, Capacity Planning, Material Planning, and Baseline
- Ability to analyze project resource plan against current
availability and capacity and recommend to the Project Manager on
leveling options and over allocations.
- Ability to adhere to Oceaneering safety standards.
- Knowledge of System Engineering and Manufacturing processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Experience with Risk Analysis and mitigation strategies.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Baltimore , EVM Project Scheduler, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!