Employee Relations Specialist
Posted on: February 12, 2024
At Bozzuto, we've been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant
communities for three decades.Why? Because home is where
aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the
power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the
delivery of extraordinary experiences.
The Employee Relations Specialist serves as a business partner
across all Bozzuto companies. The incumbent actively participates
in developing, executing, and communicating human resource
initiatives in all areas of employee relations. Key areas of
employee relations issues include: investigations, performance
management, HR compliance, leave administration, policy and
procedure interpretation and other HR functions as requested.
As an Employee Relations Specialist, your primary responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with management to provide direction
and guidance on people issues including: disciplinary actions,
behavior and conduct issues, terminations, leave administration and
other HR related issues.
- Provide sound HR guidance in support of management's goal to
improve the performance, efficiency, and growth of the
- Conduct internal investigations; work with management to
facilitate investigations and participate when necessary.
- Provides support to the SVP or of Employee Relations, SVP of
HR, and management staff on employee relations issues.
- Assists management in preparing performance management and
formal disciplinary actions. Ensure official documentation is
properly maintained to support proposed disciplinary actions.
- Consult with management in developing employee performance
- Regularly review HR performance forms and processes and
subsequently make recommendations for change.
- Assist the Director of Employee Relations in developing and
implementing personnel policies and procedures, prepare and
maintain employee handbook updates on policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment
- Lends assistance and input with new hire orientation, HR
initiatives, and leadership development training.What You Bring to
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or
related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience handling employee
relations matters in a multi-state environment.
- Knowledge of an experience with federal and state employment
laws and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-state environment.
- Ability to make well-reasoned and timely decisions based on
careful, objective review and informed analysis of available
considerations and factors.
- Adept at independently manage multiple task and projects, track
workplace activities, and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills
with the ability to effectively communicate well with individuals
and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate training or present
effectively to groups of employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel,
Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using HRIS software.
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule. May
occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly
- Ability to travel from time to time. What We Bring You:
At the core of our business is the talent on our teams, and we are
committed to taking care of them so they can deliver great
experiences to our residents. In addition to an award-winning
culture and amazing work spaces, Bozzuto offers a wide range of
programs to support the overall health of you and your family. Our
benefits take into consideration everything from career
development, retirement, family matters and health and wellness.
Working on our team and in this position, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation. Salary range: $75,000-$90,000
- Health & Wellness benefits. We offer coverage for medical,
dental, and vision, including access to the best doctors at an
- Paid Leave. We provide 20 days of paid time off plus
- Retirement planning. We offer a 401k program with a company
- Tuition Reimbursement. Plus many other programs to support
career development and growth. Bozzuto is proudly an Equal
Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Bozzuto, Baltimore , Employee Relations Specialist, Other , Greenbelt, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!