Staff Systems Engineer
Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) develops, manufactures, and
operates customized marine systems, shipboard equipment, subsea
vehicles, and engineered solutions for commercial and U.S. military
Oceaneering Aerospace and Defense Technologies (AdTech) delivers
solutions that enable humans to work safely and effectively in
harsh environments - from underwater to the outer reaches of space.
Our innovative solutions support the development and application of
practical, cost-effective systems that meet our customers'
challenges - from routine to extreme. Our experience and expertise
across multiple industries uniquely positions us as a leader in the
government, space, and maritime services markets. Our products and
services meet the rigorous demands of the complex environments in
which they operate, delivering results without compromising safety
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Staff Systems Engineer appliesworking knowledge of systems
engineering fundamentals for manned submersible system to provide
guidance to the division's engineering and design activities under
the direction of a program manager. The Staff Systems Engineer will
be required to interact with other OTECH personnel andguides
engineering efforts to meet the client's requirements. The Staff
Systems Engineer will provide guidance to engineering design
efforts through the development of systems engineering
documentation, including concepts of operations, requirements
specifications, interface control documents and drawings, hazard
analysis, test plans, and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Has provided system engineering activities on submarine and/or
manned submersibles in accordance with US navy requirements such as
SS800-AG-MAN-010/P-9290 and SUBSAFE System Certification
- Has provided system engineering activities in accordance with
International Association of Classification Societies certification
requirements (ABS and/or DNV preferred)
- Performs analysis of user requirements, concept of operations
documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system
- Guides system development and implementation planning through
preparation of concept of operations, interfaces control documents,
hazard analysis, and test plans and procedures.
- Displays excellent technical judgment, attention to detail, and
ability to look at the "big picture" in system design.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by
self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and
- Some travel may be required.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems
Engineering. Commensurate experience will be accepted.
- Master's degree in systems Engineering preferred. Commensurate
experience will be accepted.
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in Systems
- Minimum 5 years of experiencewith:
- Developingsections of systems engineering documentation,
including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents,
requirements specifications, and interface control documents.
- Managingsystem requirements and derived requirements to ensure
the delivery of production systemsare compatible with the defined
system architectures, including Department of Defense Architecture
Framework (DoDAF and Service-oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Assistingwith the development of system requirements,
functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual
hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Participating in the development of system engineering
documentation, including system engineering plans, initial
capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface
- System requirements and stakeholder needs, including functions
that may be logically inferred and implied, as essential to system
- Working knowledge with an SEDB tool (CRADLE, DOORS etc.).
- Working knowledge of MBSE tools (ModelCenter)
- 5 Years of experience at the design engineering level.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in
a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Active Secret security clearance
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 environment.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Work experience with US Department of Defense.
- May be widely recognized for achievements, technical expertise,
and professional standing within selected field.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Baltimore , Staff Systems Engineer, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!