Senior Networked Sensor Systems Engineer
Company: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laborator
Posted on: August 23, 2019
Are you a successful systems engineer and dream about designing
state-of-the-art sensor and combat system interfaces? Would you
love collaborating with passionate engineers and analysts? Do you
envision being tasked as a leader in developing novel integration
strategies for both existing and future systems? If so, we believe
this may be the opportunity for you and would like you to
We are committed to inventing the next generation of integration
concepts for complex warfare challenges. We want you to help us
reach our goal in identifying emerging information exchange needs
and develop groundbreaking solutions for integrated fire control
and force-level systems in distributed warfare theaters.
As a Networked Sensor Systems Integration Engineer....
1.Your primary responsibility will be to develop creative methods
for integrating new types of sensors, weapons, and information into
networked sensor fusion elements and Future Combat Systems.
2. You will define element interface requirements, messages
exchanged between systems, and message data content. We trust that
you will be excited about inventing new sensor networking and data
fusion architectures to support future anticipated radar and weapon
3. You will evaluate and integrate new technologies such as Machine
Learning and Artificial Intelligence into existing systems to
extend the limits of current performance envelopes and to enhance
4. You will ensure correct end-to-end exchange, translation, and
processing of information from sensor detection to operator
5. You will analyze sensor interfaces and integration performance
in a simulated environment to identify and correct defects early in
the development cycle.
6. You will use live and simulated data to evaluate and refine
integration algorithms based on networked sensor performance,
characteristics, and behavior.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a
- Have 5 years of experience in systems engineering
- Familiarity with a high-level programming language such as
- Proficient analytical and applied mathematical skills.
- Adept leadership and personal communications skills.
- Have the ability to perform effectively as part of a
- Are willing and able to travel up to three days per month to
remote sites and are open to working in closed areas.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance and can
ultimately obtain a Top Secret clearance. If selected, you will be
subject to a government security clearance investigation and must
meet the requirements for access to classified information.
Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a MS degree in a technical field.
- Experience with the Cooperative Engagement Capability.
- Experience with sensors and combat systems
- Experience and background in some or all of the
- Systems engineering, applied mathematics and statistics,
Modeling and simulation, Signal processing, Active and passive
sensors or Algorithms for sensor fusion and target tracking
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)
brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,
security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of
challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance
program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our
employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance.
APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area.
Learn more about our career opportunities
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Keywords: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laborator, Baltimore , Senior Networked Sensor Systems Engineer, Other , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!