Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Company: Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Do you love to develop high complex solutions?Are you searching for
meaningful work in system administration support of Highly
Classified networks?Are you passionate about Information Systems
Security Management?If so, we're looking for someone like you to
join our team at APL...We are seeking a dedicated Information
System Security Officer to help us protect APL's information
technology infrastructure. As a member of our team, you'll
contribute to IS Security Management and oversight of our Highly
Classified information systems in support of Sponsor/Program needs.
You'll join an impressive team of technical specialists who are
motivated by one common goal. We are passionate about supporting
our Program needs. You'll be an active contributor to the
safeguarding of all APL's Sponsor network systems. With your help,
we will provide information assurance, system administration, and
systems engineering for mainly Windows and some Linux-based systems
in multiple highly classified facilities. You'll independently
identify and solve technical issues relating to Information
Assurance system hardening (ensuring system availability,
integrity, authentication and confidentiality). As an ISSO...
- Your primary responsibility will be providing security relevant
documentation such as security CONOPS, Security Controls
Traceability Matrix's, System Security Plans, Risk Assessment
Reports, Contingency Plans.
- Perform and analyze weekly security audits for nonstandard
events. Implement backup solution and ensure a cohesive disaster
- Configure, install, and maintain mostly Windows computer
systems and some Linux systems in a stand-alone and networked
environment based upon classified security requirements.
- Manage user accounts for Windows/Linux systems, reset
passwords, and perform annual computer recertification.
- Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software
and hardware issues as they arise.You meet our minimum
qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
- Have 2 years of Windows systems administration experience.
- Proven Assessment and Authorization experience working with the
Risk Management Framework (RMF), NISPOM, or JSIG.
- A minimum of 2 years experience solving information technology
problems and working in a classified computer facility in
information, intelligence, or security areas.
- Deep understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, and
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the
ability to effectively interact with managers and technical
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or ability
to obtain within 6 months of employment required.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance. Current SSBI
required. If selected, you will be subject to a government security
clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access
to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S.
- Are able to obtain a TS/SCI poly level clearance. You'll go
above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have experience working in or directly supporting the
Department of Defense or other U.S. government entities
- Some Linux computer experience.
- Experience with VMware or other virtualization software.
- Some practical experience with programming / scripting
- Working familiarity with Director of Central Intelligence
Directives (DCID) or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD)
- Proven excellent oral and written communication skills, and the
understanding of customer focus.Why work at APL?The Johns Hopkins
University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class
expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space
and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging,
impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL
promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy
generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is
located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about
our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.APL is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), Baltimore , Information System Security Officer (ISSO), Other , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!