Epic Application Coordinator II
Company: The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Epic Application Coordinator II (ASAP) Requisition #: 196773
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people
annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became
part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their
families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees.
Career opportunities are available in academic and community
hospital settings, home care services, physician practices,
international affiliate locations and in the health insurance
industry. Great careers continually advance here.
General Position Summary:
The Application Coordinator II (ACII) participates in the
development and design of the application(s) for which the AC II is
responsible and is required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the
assigned Epic module(s).
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding computer systems,
applications and interfaces.
- Demonstrates proficiency in data gathering techniques and the
ability to design and communicate systems solutions to user issues
and problems of medium complexity.
- Demonstrates an intermediate understanding of the relevant
clinical and/or business operation functions.
- May require specialized knowledge in a specific
- Creates detailed work-related specifications, system design
documentation, procedures, process flows, data flows and project
and change management plans.
- Communicates effectively with users and colleagues. Conducts
regular day-to-day communication with JHM teams and vendor's
- Demonstrates proficient degree of analytical skills.
- Supports multiple concurrent work efforts, educates and coaches
other team members, and works with minimal supervision in support
of team initiatives.
- Works as a member of a specific application team as well as
with other application and technical teams.
- Responsible for developing and documenting the internal
procedures that will be used in conjunction with applications.
Required Job Qualifications:
Education: Baccalaureate degree, education or health related field
with educational courses. Professional certification(s) and/or
related experience beyond minimum training experience
qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a
two years experience-for-one year education basis.
Certifications: Required to complete and pass certification in
assigned EPIC application module(s) within 120 days of employment
in this role.
- Two years operational experience in a clinical or healthcare
business operations setting or two years experience in Information
- General understanding of the work flows in clinical or
healthcare business operations. Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with implementing clinical and/or healthcare
business information systems in a large-scale and complex
- Epic certification in the module(s) being represented.
- Experience in Epic installations.
- Knowledge of the current healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience in developing business and/or clinical workflows
related to the assigned application module. Knowledge, Skills, &
- Ability to handle analysis, design, system configuration and
testing tasks at a low to medium level of complexity.
- Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific
clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and
interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster
optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple
- Uses critical thinking skills regarding use of the
clinical/business operations software applications
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations
workflows and system configuration gained by participating in
validation sessions with project team members and assisting in
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project
- Demonstrated expertise in technical design techniques for
related software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as they
relate to assigned tasks. Day Shift
Full Time (40 hours)
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any
other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Patients are the focus of everything we do at The Johns Hopkins
Hospital. From our beginnings in 1889 to the opening of our most
advanced patient facilities in 2012, our mission to advance patient
care, education, and research, continues to change the course of
Keywords: The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore , Epic Application Coordinator II, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!