Company: Laureate Education Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Sr. Paralegal candidate will be responsible for supporting the
members and the business operations of the Laureate Online and US
Campuses Legal team. Support will be in the areas of contracts,
risk management, litigation, regulatory compliance, including
federal compliance, state level compliance, professional licensure
support, and other areas, as needed. This role will be responsible
not only for planning, tracking, reporting and managing the
operational activities of various projects involving the Laureate
Online and US Campuses Legal department, but also completion of
projects, regulatory analysis, legal drafting, process creation and
monitoring, and maintenance of legal files. Must have a minimum of
5 years experience in a legal or regulatory position, including
experience managing projects, research, drafting legal memoranda
and correspondence and legal analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sr. Paralegal will be responsible for the following duties:
Organizing and maintaining records for various Laureate Global
Product and Services campus-based and online institutions,
including regulatory materials, board minute books, operating
agreements, compliance documentation and other essential
* Drafting letters and memoranda.
* Completing required governmental forms and filings.
* Assisting with maintenance of compliance database and other
* Assisting with management of emergency response/business
* Supporting business transactions, including due diligence
reviews, document requests, and governmental inquiries.
* Research, through use of legal and other research databases.
* Maintaining legal files.
* Other legal support functions as assigned.
* Supervision of junior paralegal position
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time to perform this job successfully
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be
evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential
function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
balanced with the ability to work well in a professional
team/corporate office environment.
* Self-starter demonstrating thoroughness and extreme attention to
* Strong planning, coordination, organization, time-management
* Strong process definition skills with a focus on continuous
* Ability to interface with and influence people at all levels
within the organization
* Be extremely organized, yet very comfortable in a rapidly
changing, dynamic environment with competing priorities
* Ability to multi-task and learn and apply new skills quickly.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* High sensitivity to the confidential nature of the work.
* Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
* High computer literacy including strong working knowledge of
Microsoft Word, Outlook, SharePoint and Excel is required.
Familiarity with Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint is preferred.
* Maintain flexibility in hours, including some overtime.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* BA/BS, Paralegal Certificate or relevant work experience
* Minimum of 5 years paralegal, regulatory, compliance and/or
project management experience required.
* Experience in managing multiple complex projects and/or
* Experience with creating and maintaining various types of
templates. Equal Employment Opportunity
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of
our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity
employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be
considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable
accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race,
color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law..
Keywords: Laureate Education Inc., Baltimore , Senior Paralegal, Other , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!