Freight Operations Supervisor
Company: XPO Logistics
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Can you build a team greater than the sum of its parts?
At XPO Logistics, one of the world's most admired companies
according to Fortune magazine, we need Freight Operations
Supervisors who can bring out the best in their team. If you know
how to inspire people to continuously raise the bar, while taking
responsibility for all day-to-day operational responsibilities, you
might be an ideal fit for our growing company. As a member of our
team, you'll have the support to excel and the resources to build a
career you'll be proud of. If you're looking for an outstanding
growth opportunity, we hope you'll consider a career with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We're eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and the opportunity to participate in a company
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise staff during various inbound, city and/or outbound
- Ensure production goals are met by managing tonnage, payroll
and other administrative functions
- Plan hourly employee schedules to meet daily operations
- Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules,
regulations and laws
- Coach, train and develop employees in a manner consistent with
- Act as a champion of our values, demonstrating them and holding
your team to the same high standards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, hazardous
materials regulations and DOT rules and regulations
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days,
evenings, nights and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Distribution or Logistics,
or 4 years of related work or military experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- LTL industry experience
- Positive attitude with the ability to multitask and motivate
- Exceptional leadership, communication and administrative
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs.
frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock
that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Work outside in inclement weather
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to
the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers
manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and
services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Keywords: XPO Logistics, Baltimore , Freight Operations Supervisor, Professions , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!