Cloud Architect/ SME
Posted on: February 25, 2021
At Softrams, LLC we take pride in building & delivering human
centered usable digital services for our users and stakeholders. We
build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop
and deliver products with emphasizing end to end user experience.
As a cloud architect, you will be responsible for technical duties
such as infrastructure design, planning, management, maintenance
and support associated with cloud computing. You will be working
closely with other Architects, Systems Engineers, Software
Engineers and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government
counterparts to perform and manage our cloud solution, cloud
computing strategy and all associated documentation. Roles you will
be doing on the job:
- Working with our engineering and infrastructure teams to
identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for
- Planning, designing, implementing and supervising our on-prem
to cloud migration solution, in classified environment.
- Migration and managing cloud environments in accordance with
our security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in
accordance with best practices throughout the development
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based
initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for project's cloud end-to-end
architecture, including AWS networking, provisioning, and
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation
features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic
- Demonstrate leadership ability to support decisions with
research and the "why," and articulate options, the pros and cons
for each, and a recommendation
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic
perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to
cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Building and designing web services in the cloud.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout
- Coordinate with team to prioritize product backlogs for sprints
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances;
facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact
successful product delivery.
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies
- Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or
related technical field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in
systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Extensive experience with Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) to
include application migration.
- Experience with cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Contribute to DevSecOps development activities and complex
- Experience in a Cloud Architect role or related position
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the project's roadmap
and how cloud-based technology can support these efforts
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and
resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision
of workaround solution or escalation to product owners
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to
collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems
engineers and architects
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many
different disciplines with varying degrees of technical
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional
planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the
full spectrum of system integration activities
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference
architecture and management systems
- Conduct work reviews with team members You will wow us even
more if you have these skills:
- - AWS cloud certifications
- - Experience and domain knowledge related to data
- - Strategic experience with container deployment architecture
using Kubernetes, Openshift, or GCE in the Cloud
- - Experience with big data applications--
- Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate
- Vacation & Sick leaves
- Maternity and Paternity leaves
- Discretionary bonus Softrams is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. As a HUBZone
certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in
a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are
in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ ).
Keywords: Softrams, Baltimore , Cloud Architect/ SME, Professions , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!