Test and Inspections Technician - Fire Alarm/Sprinkler/Security System
Company: LS Systems
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Company Overview Established in 1996, LS Systems is a life
safety firm that handles consultation, design, construction, and
maintenance of fire protection, physical / logical access control,
electronic security, and information technology systems for the
commercial and government markets. Headquartered in Baltimore, MD,
LS Systems supports new and existing customers across the country.
We are a rapidly growing, technology and customer service focused
company with a culture that values its employees and quality of
work. We are not just looking to fill positions, but to offer
challenging careers which will ensure employee loyalty and foster
customer service excellence. For more information, please visit our
website at LSSMD.com Purpose: Provide testing, inspection and
maintenance on various types of life safety system, identifying
code and non-conformance issues and preparing accurate and timely
inspections and reports. Provide top customer service, keeping
customers fully informed of the status of their systems and
alleviate any concerns they have with their systems' functionality.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with new/existing
customers to ensure that LS Systems is meeting their requirements
to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Provide industry knowledge to existing customers.
- Educate customers on the functionality and use of their
systems. Test and Inspections Operations:
- Locate trouble with damaged equipment and/or wiring
- Readjusting equipment, repairing or replacing inoperative
equipment and testing for operation in accordance with established
standards and procedures.
- Testing backup batteries, keypad programming and all feature
sin order to ensure proper functioning and to diagnose
- Prepare necessary paperwork including inspection reports and
service recommendations. Teamwork:
- Assist Test and Inspection and Service Departments with meeting
customer's contract inquiries and needs
- Collaborate with members of LSS' operations team as needed The
successful candidate will have highly developed interpersonal and
communication skills. Must be independent and self-motivated with a
solid history of decision making, taking accountability,
demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles to success. Must be
capable of taking on a task with minimal instruction and exceeding
expectations with strong follow up sills and attention to detail.
Must be flexible and adaptable to a fast paced environment and
changing priorities. Qualifications: The successful candidate will
have strong interpersonal and communication skills. The successful
candidate will be flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced
environment and changing priorities within our organization.
Enthusiasm and an outgoing personality are a must!
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in Fire and Security or other major industries
- Strong computer skills including skills in a Google
environment, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- NICET Certification preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and
external stakeholders, both verbally and in writing in a pleasant,
professional and effective manner.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong time management skills and work ethic
- Ability problem-solve and adapt to change in a fast-paced
- Customer service mindset.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with a minimum of guidance
- Must have a positive attitude, ability to learn quickly, and
able to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of LS Systems Core Values, which
include integrity, technical excellence, customer loyalty,
accountability, leadership and teamwork. Essential Functions:
- Ability to work in variety of conditions including inclement
weather, heat and humidity and exposure to dust
- Lift up to 26 pounds
- Drive within the Maryland, Virginia and DC area
- Walk, stand and perform physical activity in adverse field
- Life, push, pull and carry objects.
- Support objects over time without fatigue
- Good manual dexterity to operate hand and power tools
- Climb steps and ladders, stoop, crouch, bend and provide work
over head. Work Authorization/Background Check
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- LS Systems is a drug and alcohol free workplace. Successful
candidates will be provided a conditional offer of employment
pending the successful completion of a drug test and background
check. AAP/EEO Statement Life Safety Systems, Inc.(LSS) provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, LSS complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Life Safety
Systems, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment
based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the
ability of LSS's employees to perform their job duties may result
in discipline up to and including discharge. **To be considered for
this position, please provide both your resume with salary
Keywords: LS Systems, Baltimore , Test and Inspections Technician - Fire Alarm/Sprinkler/Security System, Professions , Halethorpe, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!