Automotive Technician - 1st Shift
Location: Owings Mills
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What's under the hood:
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately
owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more
than 120 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning
centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on
getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms.
With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to
streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means
to buy and finance a used car.
That's Nice, But What's the Job?
In short, the Automotive Technician includes bumper-to-bumper
inspections, repairs and part replacements, primarily light to
medium mechanical repairs.
In long, our Auto Technicians are responsible for:
* Mechanically inspecting vehicles for safety and drivability while
documenting findings into our inventory management system.
* Working with Reconditioning Center Management to repair or reject
inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall
quality of the vehicle.
* Test driving repaired vehicles to ensure that the problem has
been completely fixed.
* Must be proficient in the Cooling, braking, charging,
steering/suspension, AC and electrical system Components.
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
* Competitive Pay Rate. (No Flat Rate!)
* Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your
premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
* Consistent Work Schedule with a Great Work/Life Balance. We're
closed Sunday's to give our employees valued time with family and
* Full Benefits. 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and
* No customers. You do, what you do best - fix cars and work as a
* Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting
from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
* Industry Experience. Minimum of 3 years on the job experience
performing light to medium line work. (Brakes, Engine,
Steering/Suspension, Cooling, A/C, Electrical). *ASE certified a
plus, but not required.
* Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning
team environment. We work together to win together.
* Timely. Being "fashionably late" is great outside the job, but on
the job you'll need to adhere to regular and predictable
The Specifics - What do you need?
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* This role typically requires a minimum of 5 years of experience
and the ability to work on all makes and models (Domestic, European
and Asian brands).
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by
Inc 5000, and we aren't slowing down anytime soon!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right
person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime.
Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and
grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment. Hiring is
contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug
screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace
and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: DriveTime, Baltimore , Automotive Technician - 1st Shift, Professions , Owings Mills, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!