Certified Medication Technician - 6 hours per shift
Company: Five Star Quality Care, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Key Responsibilities At this time, we are seeking a Medication
Aide to join our team! Responsibilities
- This is the job of the Medication Aide to administer oral and
external medications to residents under the direction and
supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed
- Follows current standards of hygiene, safety and infection
control when handling, storing and disposing of medications.
- Administers medications within 60 minutes of scheduled
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of
medications when required.
- Recognizes the resident's right to refuse medication.
- Notifies the appropriate RN/LPN when making the decision not to
administer medication or treatment.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be
inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with the
appropriate licensed nurse (RN/LPN).
- Monitors residents who self-administer medications and report
deviation from the plan of care to the licensed or registered
- Secures medication cart.
- Removes discontinued, outdated or deteriorated drugs from
- Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions for medication
- Accurately documents medication provision.
- Recognizes and reports general reactions to medications.
- Recognizes the limitations of the Medication Aide role.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a state approved nursing assistant training program
and passed a state approved competency examination.
- Successful completion of a state approved Medication Aide
course and is approved to administer oral and external
- Ability to perform medication administration in accordance with
- Strong communication skills. Location Information Aspenwood
Senior Living Community is a beautiful community in Silver Spring,
MD, with more than 130 units offering independent living and
Keywords: Five Star Quality Care, Inc., Baltimore , Certified Medication Technician - 6 hours per shift, Professions , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!