Diesel Maintenance Tech - 2nd Shift Monday - Friday
Company: Coca-Cola Consolidated
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (A) is responsible for repairing and
maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and
equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) which
includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and
corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. In
this role, the Diesel Maintenance Tech (A) will demonstrate
leadership qualities that include effective communication and
problem solving and present above average knowledge and
understanding of diesel maintenance and repair. The Diesel
Maintenance Tech (A) will perform job duties independently with
little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal tool box.
Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be responsible for coaching
and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (B & C) employees as
needed.Required Skills: Extensive knowledge and understanding of
medium to heavy duty diesel truck engines, possess high level
diagnostic /troubleshooting skills, an understanding of how
internal combustion gas and diesel engines work, as well as able to
identify main components. Must possess computer proficiency, strong
communication and problem solving skills and strong training and
team facilitation skills.
- Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 5 years previous
experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 5-7 years
verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
- DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
- Background in Cummins, Detroit, International and Mack programs
- Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
- Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking
- Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
- Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a
high level of housekeeping.
- Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic truck driving skills.
- Class A/B CDL or ability to obtain within 3-6 months of
- Provide road call inspection service and repair as needed
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver's license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to
yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during
the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years Job Perks:
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- 401K Company Match
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits/Short Term
Disability Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Coca-Cola Consolidated, Baltimore , Diesel Maintenance Tech - 2nd Shift Monday - Friday, Professions , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!