Ophthalmic Technician: Summer Intern
Company: Advanced Eye Care
Location: Bel Air
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionVision Innovation Partners is a growing
Ophthalmology group in the Pennsylvania/Maryland/Virginia/DC areas
and we have opportunities for students to intern as Ophthalmic
Technicians at our practice in Bel Air, MD. At Advanced Eye Care &
Aesthetics, we consistently strive to provide the most up-to-date,
technologically advanced and complete medical and surgical eye care
possible for the entire family.A summer internship with our team is
a great educational opportunity! You will assist nationally known
vision specialists by using advanced technology. Ophthalmic
Technician Interns will learn to:
- Make introductions and establish rapport with patients.
- Initiate patient evaluation, documenting the chief complaint,
history of present illness, etc.
- Perform pre-exam testing to include visual acuity assessment,
including pinhole and glare testing, confrontational visual field
testing, assess extra ocular muscles, pupillary evaluation,
tonometry, assess angles, pupillary dilation, and all other patient
services as requested by the physician including specialty tests
such as color vision screening, stereopsis, dry eye testing, and
- Perform lensometry and specialized testing such as visual
fields, keratometry, A/B scans, and ophthalmic photography optical
coherence tomography (OCT), Optical Biometry (IOL Master and
- Assist with fitting of contact lenses and instruct patients in
care and insertion of lenses.
- Complete prior-authorizations and requests for prescription
refills as authorized by physician, with full documentation in
- Educate patients regarding administration of medications and
pre and post-operative instructions as directed by physician.
- Check expiration date and inventory of medicines and replace as
- Maintain inventory and order diagnostic medications and
- Assist with maintenance of clinical examination equipment and
with ordering of supplies.
- Inspect instruments periodically for damage, send for repair,
and request a replacement as necessary.
- Open and close exam lanes daily, ensuring that equipment is
wiped down in an appropriate manner, battery powered instruments
are seated properly in re-charge wells, slit lamps and projectors
are switched off under covers.
- Complete manual refractions.
- Follow all safety procedures as per guidelines.
Keywords: Advanced Eye Care, Baltimore , Ophthalmic Technician: Summer Intern, Professions , Bel Air, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!