Fleet Maintenance Mechanic - 2 yrs Mechanic EXP Req'd
Company: Student Transportation of America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic
With general direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor,
provides a wide range of technical services on company buses, vans,
and automobiles. This is a journeyman position that requires
significant technical training and /or experience. Also works under
the direction of the Terminal Manger.
* Hiring Bonus
* ASE Bonus Program
* High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by specialized
vehicle and equipment repair courses.
* At least two (2) years experience as a mechanic in an automotive,
school bus, trucking or heavy equipment environment, or any
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to safely lift over 50 lbs.
* Provide own hand tools required for regular maintenance
1. Performs thorough, accurate Preventative Maintenance
2. Following schedules, completes all required PM maintenance
operations including lubrication, fluid changes, brake adjustments,
and tire rotation.
3. With direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, performs
unscheduled maintenance as needed.
4. Performs complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel,
brake, and exhaust repairs and field tests. This requires
interpreting and working from drawings, specifications and other
5. Must be able to utilize a ladder and other elevation equipment
to access the roof of buses and elevated light fixtures for repairs
6. Must operate CDL and Non-CDL vehicles (buses and van) to perform
road tests, as well as shuttle in and out of the garage for repairs
and maintenance. If you don't have a Class B Commercial license
training will be provided.
7. Must be able to lift heavy equipment (up to 50lbs) including
brake drums, tires, ladders, tool chests, floor jacks, etc. when
8. Must be able to operate bench grinder, torch, drill press, Jack
and Jack stands, sawzall, oil pumps, power washer, parts cleaner
and other hand tools required to perform work.
9. Performs emergency roadside services as needed. Requires
operation of either replacement vehicle or utility truck.
10. Emergency conditions may require calls at home, extended hours,
or weekend work.
11. Document repairs and parts on work orders completely and
12. Maintains tools and work places so that conditions are neat and
13. Must be thoroughly familiar with all safety provisions
associated with vehicle maintenance. Understands OSHA standards and
14. Understands and conforms to State EPA regulations regarding
disposal of toxic waste substances.
15. Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge of tools, procedures, technical skills and safety rules
used in the maintenance and repair of gasoline, diesel, and
alternative powered equipment.
* Written and verbal communication skills, and customer service
skills are essential. Ability to deal with problems and find
* Must have knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
* Operational knowledge of motorized gasoline, diesel and
alternative fueled vehicles, and shop equipment and tools.
* Scheduling and setting priorities for work to be accomplished.
Inspection of equipment and diagnose mechanical defects.
* ASE Certification(s) a plus
Keywords: Student Transportation of America, Baltimore , Fleet Maintenance Mechanic - 2 yrs Mechanic EXP Req'd, Professions , Whiteford, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!