Mid Shift Production Supervisor
Company: District Photo Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionDistrict Photo Inc. (DPI) is the largest
direct-to-consumer photo fulfillment operation in the world using
state-of-the-art equipment and technology in all of our operations
and locations. We highly value our employees and are seeking an
experienced Production Supervisor to add to our team. We strive
each day to treat those involved at DPI with respect while
performing our duties with integrity.Position Overview:In this role
you will be responsible for leading an efficient, productive, and
safe department, while meeting or exceeding daily production
requirements. You will work closely with employees and other
department managers and supervisors to coordinate with Production,
Quality and Shipping Departments. The position will assure that
standard operating procedures are followed, quality product is
shipped on time and safety is adhered to at all times.As such, we
expect our Production Supervisor to be able to work independently
and ensure good work attitudes, atmosphere, and communication to
maximize productivity. You will be an active partner in all aspects
of our employees' careers, including but not limited to, training,
development, discipline, performance appraisals, and culture.Job
Duties and Expectations:
- Responsible for the team's success of meeting daily production
goals, quality standards, and service times while monitoring and
maintaining efficiencies, labor usage, and waste percentages
working independently with minimal direction from the Production
- Leads a team of employees in a technical, fast paced, deadline
driven environment that emphasizes quality.
- Contributes to the business by adhering to best practices and
seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement driving Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develops new methods and procedures to optimize efficiencies,
maximize labor utilization, and reduce operating costs.
- Supports the compliance with, and the maintenance of, safety
requirements in accordance with company policies and/or
- Provides visible leadership and drive a motivated, positive,
productive work force.
- Identifies, coaches and develops team members through training,
performance reviews, coaching, support and delegation as
appropriate for their development level.
- Establishes an environment that is conducive to collaboration
and teamwork, promotes positive employee relations and takes steps
to prevent or diffuse conflicts.
- Implements and follows policies and procedures consistently and
according to company standards.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized, and safe
working environment.Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Blanket Press Experience A PLUS!
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience in related
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute
initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish stated goals.
- Excellent team player able to take direction and strike a
balance with providing strong leadership.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in a
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proven success leading and motivating employees through
consistent, effective and fair methods.
- Regularly supervises up to 20+ employees, including such tasks
as hiring; performance evaluations; assigning work; merit
increases, promotions, and reclassifications; discipline and
discharge; and complaint resolution.
- Success in training, developing and providing direction to
- Must lead by example at all times and be a role model to the
leads and operators on the plant floor while treating people with
respect, dignity and professionalism.
- Acts in a firm, fair and consistent manner.
- Handles pressure very well
- Experience with hiring, training, and problem solving; able to
lead, coach and mentor others
- Demonstrate decision making and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to build
relationships at various levels
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as needed, particularly during high volume
periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the timeWorking Conditions:
- Significant walking, bending, standing
- Physical activities including but not limited to reaching,
pulling, pushing, gripping, grabbing, and must be able to lift up
to 50lbs.Compensation and Benefits:
- Very competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefits package
- Profit-Sharing programs including bonus's & retirement
- Opportunity for exceptional professional growth
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- And much, much more!About District Photo:Founded in 1949 by
Melvin Cohen as a small black & white photo lab, the business grew
during the last half of the 20th century into a large wholesale
photofinishing lab serving mid-Atlantic retailers and a national
mail order film business. In the late 1990′s under Neil Cohen's
leadership, DPI acquired a photo business in the UK and has
transitioned from a mid-Atlantic film developing lab to multiple
state-of-the-art digital labs shipping millions of photos worldwide
every day.Today, District Photo is one of the largest variable data
printing companies in the world as their facilities comprise over a
million square feet of manufacturing space with a global reach that
sets them apart in the digital printing market. With production
fulfillment facilities located in the United States (MD, PA, KY,
AZ), England and Australia, District Photo is the leader in
preserving human memories as they produce and deliver millions of
prints, greeting cards, books, calendars and gift products
yearly.Powered by JazzHRoDj6OdYEb4
Keywords: District Photo Inc., Baltimore , Mid Shift Production Supervisor, Professions , Beltsville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!