Patient Care Technician (PCT) - MedSurg
Company: University of Maryland Medical Center
Location: Glen Burnie
Posted on: September 25, 2022
What You Will Do:Patient Care Technician (PCT) - MedSurg 5South
Full Time- Night Shift UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center Glen
Burnie, Maryland The Power of Caring Within all of us there is
untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.At
University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, we know
that caring can't be taught, it's something that comes
naturally.We're looking for talented professionals to join our
extraordinary Team at UM BWMC - named Top Workplace in the
Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 &
2020); Named in the USA for 2021! As part of the acclaimed
University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three
designated hospitals in Maryland and features one of the state's
busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who
care for our community and one another. As a Top 10 Maryland
hospital ranked by U.S. News and World Report, UM BWMC is the pulse
that keeps Anne Arundel County moving forward.As a member of our
team, you'll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free
Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You'll accrue annual leave; we offer
dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an
employee assistance program.
- Growth & Educational Assistance: We support your continuing
education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement
& continuing education options.Job SummaryUnder frequent
supervision, the Patient Care Technician (PCT) is a multi-skilled
individual who assists the patient with activities of daily living,
maintaining a quiet, therapeutic, and clean environment. The
Patient Care Technician will spend most of the time at the
patient's bedside meeting their basic physical, psychosocial, and
environmental needs based on an individualized plan of care. The
PCT will perform the following skills/procedures (includes but not
limited to): phlebotomy, IV starts/restarts, Foley insertion (ED
only), simple sterile dressing changes Population served includes
infants, children, and adults.Tasks & Responsibilities
- Participates as a member of the patient care team by providing
direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse. Functions
as a dependable team member, assisting when requested and
volunteering when the need arises.
- Performs any or all duties involving the direct patient care as
assigned by the nurse within guidelines provided by the Maryland
Nurse Practice Act and medical center policies and procedures.
- Maintains skills as outlined in the nursing policy, procedures,
guidelines as delegated by the RN (peripheral venipuncture,
intravenous catheter insertion, EKG, etc.)
- All specimens labeled in the presence of the patient.
- Two patient identifiers used when obtaining specimens.
- Monitors and records patient's response to treatment and
communicates with the responsible care team or physicians in a
- Performs unit documentation, which is timely, accurate,
concise, legible and in accordance with the Performance
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient situations following
established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintains accountability for meeting basic physical
psychosocial and environmental needs of the patient. What You Need
to Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current CNA certification from the MBON required.
- One Year recent experience in a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) or
a similar position, or two (2) semesters of clinical experience in
formal Nursing Education with a certificate from the MBON (PCT
- Current AHA Health Care Provider (CPR) card.We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore , Patient Care Technician (PCT) - MedSurg, Professions , Glen Burnie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!