Electrical Maintenance Technician
Company: Sirius Staffing
Location: Havre De Grace
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Sirius Staffing is seeking candidates for an
Instrumentation/Electrical Technician role in Havre De Grace, MD.
This is a contract to direct hire role working with a large
chemical manufacturer. Please see details below!
Shift: Monday-Frida, 6am-2:30pm - on call 1 week at a time with on
Purpose of Job: Performs work in all craft skills required to
repair and maintain instrument and electrical systems at the Havre
de Grace chemical manufacturing plant. Installs and repairs
electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical/electronic components
of industrial machinery, equipment, and building systems. Trouble
shoots and solves instrument and electrical problems. Actively
pursue and correct problems with electrical components and systems
throughout the facility and grounds. Assists and provides back-up
to Maintenance Mechanics. Follows all Evonik Standards, procedures,
and work instructions that apply to the job tasks as well as posted
instructions, signs and placards.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of a vocational/technical school in an
electrical/electronic craft with a minimum of 5 years experience in
an industrial environment OR some post-secondary education in
electronic/electrical craft with a minimum of 7 years experience in
an industrial environment.
- Journeyman or maintenance electrical license preferred
- Ability to work on mechanical parts, hydraulics and
- Capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics.
- Ability to develop and foster strong relationships with all
maintenance department co-workers, outside contractors and
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC systems is a plus.Principal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical,
electronic and pneumatic controls and equipment (including PLC s)
throughout the facility.
- Instrumentation trouble shooting / repairs: Level transmitters,
temperature sensors, metering devices.
- Tests and diagnoses malfunctioning machinery, and reviews
diagnosis for proper corrective action with other maintenance
workers such as mechanics and supervisors.
- Performs expedient corrective maintenance on production
equipment and building electrical/mechanical systems
- Operates forklift and other powered equipment as may be
required in the performance of duties
- Calibrate and maintain analytical instruments like pH and
- Perform installation, maintenance, and repair of all facility,
grounds, and industrial power and electrical systems (low and high
- Diagnose electric motor, motor control, and device control
- Troubleshoot and repair sensors and solid state equipment.
- Identify and order parts and materials from manufacturers
manuals and prints.
- Perform electrical preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
as required. Working Conditions:
- Works in all inside and outside areas of the plant and is often
exposed to heat, cold, inclement weather, high noise level, dust,
chemicals, grease, oil, and "dirty" working conditions.
- Operates various equipment, machine tools, and portable power
and hand tools consistent with skill level and job assignment.
- Variable work schedule as required including being on call
- Work conditions also include accessing elevated areas, where
working on ladders, scaffolding, and portable work platforms will
also be required. Proper use of fall protection with safety harness
- The job may also require working in confined spaces to inspect,
repair, and troubleshooting inside process equipment and other
confined access. Proper adherence to confined space safety
procedures required. Must be able to ascend several flights of
steps several times during the working day. Some jobs require the
use of a chemical dust or tight fitting APR chemical vapor
cartridge respirators. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is
Sirius Staffing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national
origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran
status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other status protected by law. Associated topics: alarm,
broadband, calibration, device, electrician, journeyman, relay,
transformer, voltage, wireman
Keywords: Sirius Staffing, Baltimore , Electrical Maintenance Technician, Professions , Havre De Grace, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!