Posted on: November 26, 2022
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to
enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan
servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator
and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education
expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers,
associates, and communities.The perks of working at Nelnet go
beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're
part of a community invested in the success of each individual.
That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our
mission of creating opportunities for people where they live,
learn, and work.Assist organization in modernizing DevOps
functions. Solid foundational understanding and experience with
Kubernetes, Containers, Service Based Development, AWS, GitLab,
Jira, etc. Development experience with Java and .NET a plus.This
position requires work in support of the Companys contract with the
United States Department of Education (ED). As such, the United
States Government requires that any applicant for this position
must complete United States Government security clearance.
Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security
clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted
or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be
unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for
such positions.Colorado Candidates: Pay range for this role is
$90,000-$130,000DevOps ArchitectWe are looking for a DevOps
architect to work with multiple teams to architect, create, and
manage our next-gen software development process and create an
automated delivery pipeline that assists in building software more
efficiently. The responsibilities of a DevOps architect include
assessing, supporting, and implementing high-quality information
technology architecture.To be successful as a DevOps architect, you
should demonstrate a leadership mindset, solid operational
experience, and the ability to problem-solve. Ultimately, a
top-notch DevOps Architect should have exceptional communication
skills, be knowledgeable about the latest industry trends, and
highly innovative.DevOps Architect Responsibilities:
- Facilitating the development process and operations.
- Identifying setbacks and shortcomings.
- Creating suitable DevOps channels across the organization.
- Establishing continuous build environments to speed up software
- Designing efficient practices.
- Delivering comprehensive best practices.
- Managing and reviewing technical operations.
- Guiding the development team.DevOps Architect Requirements:
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or related
- Previous experience working on a 24x7 cloud or SaaS operation
team. (AWS Preferred)
- Experience with infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps Platform tooling ( Chef, Puppet,
Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.)
- Working knowledge of automation service provisioning and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills.EDUCATION:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or
- Minimum 6 years of experience in software development with a
strong expertise in at least one key competency.
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a technical or development leader
with a demonstrated ability to deliver medium to large scale
technology solutions.COMPETENCIES SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Strong full-stack development and infrastructure knowledge.
Experienced with software development, configuration management,
and infrastructure setup.
- Strong automation skills (tool agnostic) and the ability to
drive initiatives to automate processes.
- In-depth knowledge of the full software development lifecycle;
with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery
- Strong operational experience in Windows and Linux/Unix
environments, and with enterprise networking (F5, DNS,
Certificates, Kerberos, etc.)
- Ability to review deployment and operational environments to
reduce failure, identify bottlenecks, and troubleshoot issues
across infrastructure / CI & CD pipelines.
- Effective cross-functional leadership skills: working with
engineering and operational teams to ensure systems are secure,
scalable, and reliable.
- Expert skill with Docker, Powershell, Jenkins / TeamCity, Chef,
Ansible, Git / TFS, or similar. Implementation experience with CI,
CD and DevOps solutions.
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud-based
environments using cloud agnostic tools and techniques. AWS
experience a plus.
- Understanding of best practices, standards and methods to
integrate applications within the organization and with external
- Strong verbal and written communication skill; with the ability
to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to
- Self-directed with the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead
team members on an application solution.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance, ISSO2 strongly
- Demonstrated effective performance in a team-oriented
- US Citizen with Ability to obtain 6C Federal security
clearance.#LI-CW1#LI-RemoteOur benefits package includes medical,
dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student
loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee
assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition
reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and
long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to
learn more about our benefits: LINK
(http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .Nelnet is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and
takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are
employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without
regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or
sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service
animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other
status protected by Federal or State law or local
ordinance.Qualified individuals with disabilities who require
reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or
firstname.lastname@example.org .Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco
Free Workplace.You may know Nelnet as the nations largest student
loan servicer but we do more than that. A lot more. Were also a
professional services company, consumer loan originator and
servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12
and higher education expert (and thats just a shortlist). For over
40 years, weve been serving our customers, associates, and
communities to make dreams possible.EEO Info
(https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) - EEO
- FMLA Info
Keywords: Nelnet, Baltimore , Devops Architect, Professions , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!