Maintenance Manager Assistant
Company: The League for People with Disabilities Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
If you are looking for a meaningful and fulfilling career where
each day brings the opportunity to make a difference in someone's
life, this is the position you have been looking for. Who we
are:The League for People with Disabilities is a multi-faceted
organization that allows youth and adults to gain independence,
increase self-sufficiency, and lead fulfilling lives. Together, we
can facilitate learning, foster growth, and build a community to
achieve personal and professional goals. The League offers careers
for people who enjoy supporting others so that they may flourish
and lead a full and abundant life. Winner of the James W Rouse
Excellence in Diversity award in 2021 and named a Top Workplace by
the Baltimore Sun in 2022. League Programs:
- Adult Medical Day
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Day
- The Snyder Center for Aphasia Life Enhancement (SCALE)
- Meaningful Day
- Personal Supports
- Employment Services
- Independent Living
- Youth Autism Services
- Behavior Support Services
- Community Services
- League Industries
- Wellness Center
- Camp Greentop
- Respite Services
- Club 11111Our MissionThe League for People with Disabilities is
committed to offering individuals the opportunity to gain
independence, increase self-sufficiency, and improve their quality
of life. Our Core Values
- Mutual Respect
- Participant Focus
- Quality Summary:The full-time Maintenance Manager Assistant
will work under the supervision of the Facility Manager to ensure
League facilities are correctly maintained, clean and safe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance, grounds, and support services for the
- Performs routine mechanical/electrical repairs with assistance
from the Facility Manager.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager to ensure optimal
operation of boilers, pumps, and blowers.
- Provides miscellaneous services to maintain the integrity of
- Performs miscellaneous groundwork, including mowing grassy
areas, weeding, snow removal, and salting walkways.
- Provide emergency cleanup for spills utilizing universal
precautions to prevent infection and contamination.
- On-call when short-staffed due to vacation or emergency leave
of other maintenance or housekeeping staff.
- Assist with set-up and breakdown for special events-flexible
days & weekends.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Facility
- Demonstrate the 5 Core Values of The League (Accountability,
Participant Focus, Quality, Independence, and Mutual Respect). Work
Environment: Multiple indoor/outdoor environments with various
lighting and temperature conditions. They may be exposed to extreme
weather conditions. BenefitsFull-time (35+ hours) and part-time (at
least 30 hours) employees benefit from working as a team at The
League for People with Disabilities.
- Generous Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- 12 Paid holidays, including a floating holiday.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Group Life
- Long-term Disability
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Staff learning opportunities
- Free access to our Wellness Center
- Free access to our warm pool and hot tub
- Free On-Site Parking
- Ability to work well with others
- Must be physically able to lift over sixty (60) pounds.
- Be knowledgeable of the most up-to-date cleaning methods.
- Basic knowledge of commercial maintenance/housekeeping
principles, practices, procedures, and equipment.
- General knowledge of hazardous substances.
- Shows dependability by being punctual.
- Respond to participants' needs in a pleasant, professional
manner and timely fashion.
- Driver's License preferred
- Clean driving record (includes no more than 3 points)
- Two years of driving experience, ability to drive up to a
lift-size vehicle Educational and/or Experience:
- High School diploma and/or experience working as a
housekeeper/maintenance assistant in a commercial setting.
Keywords: The League for People with Disabilities Inc, Baltimore , Maintenance Manager Assistant, Professions , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!