Desktop Support Technician
Company: Intratek Computer, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company,
was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service,
support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized
information technology solutions for Federal, State and County
agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have
comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including
hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming,
professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and
helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for an *Desktop Support
Technician * to support us in Baltimore, MD 21201.
\*\*\*As this role is located in a facility that includes offices
and a medical center location, we will ensure a safe and healthy
workplace to protect all workers, including providing and
maintaining PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)\*\*\*
* Long-term role
* *First Shift*
* US Citizens / Green Card only
* Paid medical benefits
* Paid vacation
* Paid holidays
*This position is located 100% onsite at the Administration
facilities, including Medical Centers, with daytime hours and
potential for evening and/or weekend hours.*
* Performing installation, configuration, maintenance, testing and
troubleshooting tasks in support of the IT customers. Frequently
positioning self to set up and maintain computers and connect/pull
cords from under desks and in server closets.
* Performing regular and repetitive unpacking, moving, and
installation of IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds (or greater
with additional assistance).
* Frequently traversing around large site campus while transporting
equipment to various office buildings.
* Communicating directly with customers on site to diagnose and
resolve customer related hardware/software issues utilizing the
Service Now tool. Track and document all system changes, problems,
issues, and work tasks within Service Now.
* Provisioning of newly procured endpoints to include desktops,
laptops, printers, and mobile devices. Perform imaging, desktop
support, adds/moves and changes.
* Installing OS Patch installation/patch removal (if applicable),
OS upgrades and Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf (COTS)
* Providing user management account support where Elevated
Privileges (EP) may be required.
* Performing software application installation and configuration
based on change order instructions.
* Utilizing log data and system administration tools to diagnose
system hardware and software problems, repair, and re-configure or
replace defective system components as indicated.
* Performing system monitoring and analysis on assigned systems to
discover risks and inadequacies, and provide recommendations on the
need for expansion, enhancement or revision.
* Utilizing Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and
SCOM tools to troubleshoot performance issues and deploy software
packages, to include Scripting, McAfee and other VA standard
* Performing inventory functions to include managing pagers and
turn-ins including performing media sanitization, disposal and/or
turn in of equipment.
* Performing routine audits of systems and software to determine
utilization and adequacy for demand, and compliance with current
hardware and software site license regulations and
* Performing general maintenance activities, printer
deployment/repair, software installations, EHRM prep and equipment
refreshes. May include occasionally pulling old cables from server
room as needed.
* Performing asset management to include asset inventory, audit and
tracking, asset administration and reporting, integrated IT asset
portfolio, and history and forecasting, automating the asset
management process as necessary.
* May occasionally answer door and escort personnel as needed.
* Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of
systems and networks to include high volume/high availability
systems. Must have knowledge of debugging protocols and
* Experience with conducting routine system administration tasks
and logging data in system admin logs.
* Experience with maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of
systems and networks, including high volume or high availability
* Knowledge of debugging protocols and processes
* Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by
customers and implement corrective actions
*Equal Opportunity Employer: *
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. "All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic
partner status, or medical condition."
*Veterans Preference: *
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring
new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice,
Job Type: Contract
* Health insurance
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Intratek Computer, Inc., Baltimore , Desktop Support Technician, Professions , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!