Patient Care Technician I
Company: Peninsula Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Why work at TidalHealth? Looking for a rewarding place to work?
Choose TidalHealth. Our hospitals have been named among the Top 5
percent of all U.S. hospitals by Healthgrades and a five-star
hospital by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Located
just 30 minutes from the beach, TidalHealth offers the widest array
of specialty and subspecialty services such as neurosurgery,
cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacement, emergency/trauma care,
comprehensive cancer care, wound care and clinical trials and
research. Take advantage of our tuition assistance and scholarship
programs to grow both personally and professionally Patient Care
Technician Position Summary The Patient Care Technician provides
direct patient care under the supervision of an RN. They perform
tasks as delegated by an RN for a broad spectrum of patients as it
relates to their age (developmental) and service needs. The
inventory, distribution/delivery of medications may be required.
Patient Care Technician Position Requirements
- Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Maryland -
licensure issued by the Maryland Board of Nursing
- American Heart Association BLS(Basic Life Support) CPR
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of a department specific Patient Care
Technician Program or completion of Nurse Extern program or 3-5
years of experience as a Patient Care Technician at an acute care
- Basic computer skills required
- Knowledge of how to switch on the computer
- Ability to use a mouse to interact with elements on the
- Ability to use the computer keyboard
- Ability to shut down the computer after use Orientation
requirements If candidate accepts a position, candidate is required
to attend & complete 2 consecutive days of Nursing Assistant
orientation (scheduled on a Tuesday & Wednesday - dayshift hours)
during designated TidalHealth New Employee orientation weeks.
Patient Care Technician Benefits
- At TidalHealth, full-time employees working at least 72 hours
per pay period, part-time employees working at least 36 hours per
pay period and part-time employees working at least 30 hours or
more on weekends only are eligible for benefits.
- Benefits include medical, prescription, vision, dental,
flexible spending accounts, disability insurance plans, life
insurance, paid time off plans, retirement plans, tuition
assistance, employee assistance, and access to on-site childcare
and a credit union
Keywords: Peninsula Regional Medical Center, Baltimore , Patient Care Technician I, Professions , Salisbury, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!