Company: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese
Posted on: May 28, 2023
We are seeking a Financial Analyst who will be responsible for
assisting with daily financial operations, development of annual
operating budgets, monthly and fiscal year-end closing, related
reporting and presentation materials for meetings with senior
leadership. This position will perform routine and complex finance
and accounting activities in support of JHFRE departments requiring
knowledge of systems, independent judgment, and an ability to
respond accordingly. The position will also provide direction to
less experienced staff concerning finance, accounting and systems
issues. Serves as informational source for questions from JHFRE
staff on BW/Analysis Reporting, Purchasing/Procurement and Travel
modules of SAP. Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Extract, analyze and verify data from SAP BW, and develop
moderately complex weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for review
by JHFRE Finance Leadership including forecasting, trending and
results analysis, identifying discrepancies from approved budgets
resulting from potential posting errors, program changes and/or new
department initiatives and identify and recommend cost
improvement/revenue improvement measures.
- Monitors, identifies and communicates important budgetary
issues such as over expenditures, revenue reductions, potential
cost savings and unplanned expenses as well as status of current
and pending issues to JHFRE Finance Leadership.
- Performs complex statistical, cost, financial analysis of data
reported in various finance, accounting and data base systems.
- Develops various monthly, annual and ad hoc reports for
trending, forecasting and results analysis.
- Develops simple to complex financial models and reports for
forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Monitor and reconcile accounts using BW/Analysis reporting and
SAP transaction system.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets,
relational databases, and graphics packages to assemble,
manipulate, and format data and/or reports. Generate and distribute
monthly reports and create new reports to monitor revenues and
- Review, correct and process revenue and expenditure
transactions, including journal transfers, non-payroll cost
transfers and accounts receivable and other billings; review and
approve transactions as Finance Office representative for other
departments within JHFRE.
- Assists JHFRE Finance Leadership with creation of annual budget
worksheets and other Excel documents needed to complete the annual
budget preparation for JHFRE (annual operating budget of
approximately $75 million).
- Ensures compliance with departmental policies and the policies
of the University.
- Resolve payment and purchasing issues with external vendors and
- Communicate routinely with JHU Finance and JHFRE Operations
Managers on fiscal, budget or other matters.
- Contribute to automation of office Financial processes and
reports through use of Excel and other applications.
- Oversees maintenance and integrity of financial master data for
- Manage processing of Accounts Receivable billings in excess of
- Assist with annual fiscal year close including preparing of
year end accruals and allocations.
- Directs and approves online payment requests, purchase orders,
blanket orders, emergency orders, wire transfers, procurement cards
and expense transfers generated by multiple users.
- Manages and reconciles risk management/insurance events for
JHFRE and ensures proper accounting and documentation.
- Become an SAP system expert and provide guidance and
information to all JHFRE staff.
- Manage and maintain various processes and data sets (Pcard,
capital project accounting codes and approvals, SAP roles,
- Review and approve weekly payroll submissions
- Serve as liaison to other JHFRE Departments for SAP and Concur
Expense Reimbursement issues.
- Other duties as assigned. Other
- Must be able to work/think independently and manage multiple
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Special
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Word) and be
an advanced Excel user with the ability to program and work with
advanced formulas, macros, data tables, etc.
- Must have the ability to make independent judgment, work for
long periods of time without direction, prioritize own work, work
with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet
- Must possess demonstrate strong organizational skills,
analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and
verbally, with individuals of varying levels within the
- A collaborative and service-oriented approach
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Three years progressively responsible related
financial/accounting experience required. Preferred Qualifications
- A minimum of five years of professional experience related to
- Johns Hopkins University and SAP experience highly
- Advanced Excel skills and experience highly desired Classified
Title: Financial Analyst Working Title:Financial Analyst
Role/Level/Range: ATP/03/PC Starting Salary Range:
$52,230-$71,890-$91,550 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time Schedule: Monday - Friday 7.5 Exempt
Status:Exempt Location:Hybrid Department name: 10001603-Finance &
Administration Personnel area: University Administration Total
Rewards The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins
University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual
compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location,
work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill
level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports
our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More
information can be found here: Please refer to the job description
above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this
position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester
hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of
experience. Additional related experience may substitute for
required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is
permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may
be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required
for the respective job. **Applicants who do not meet the posted
requirements but are completing their final academic
semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may
be asked to provide additional information confirming their
academic completion date. The successful candidate(s) for this
position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a
justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies
and current practice. A prior criminal history does not
automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins
University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will
review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's
conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction
relates to an essential job-related qualification or function. The
Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and
advances these through our key strategic framework, the . Equal
Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EEO is the
Law Learn more: Accommodation Information If you are interested in
applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and
require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the
pre-employment process, please contact the Talent AcquisitionOffice
at .For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.For more
information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at
Johns Hopkins University, please visit . Johns Hopkins has mandated
COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the
COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals
for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception
must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional
information,applicants for SOM positions should visit and all other
JHU applicants should visit . The following additional provisions
may apply, depending on campus.Your recruiter will advise
accordingly. The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical
areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving
community contact requires documentation of immune status against
Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella
(chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the
Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include
documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella
vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory
testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are
ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for
those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization
documentation from their own health care providers. Any
vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost
in our Occupational Health office. Note: Job Postings are updated
daily and remain online until filled.
Keywords: Acord (association For Cooperative Operations Rese, Baltimore , Financial Analyst, Professions , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...