Senior Business Systems Analyst
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from
the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization.
Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding
culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better
every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow-people
with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the
qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles
ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position ties technology to our business needs and determines
how new solutions, carrier business rules, and industry changes
will affect our customers. He/She performs analysis to ensure we
maximize the positive impact across the business, documents what
needs to be built and certifies the resulting product with our
carrier business partners. This position enables the organization
to achieve its goals and brings value to our teams and
- Agile Methodology: Proficient in Agile methodologies (Scrum,
Kanban, etc.), with a strong understanding of Agile principles and
- Domain Knowledge: In-depth industry knowledge relevant to the
organization, enabling effective analysis of business needs and
- Requirements Elicitation: Proven ability to gather and document
user stories, functional and non-functional requirements, and
translate them into clear and concise documentation.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Demonstrated expertise in collaborating
with diverse stakeholders, including product owners, developers,
designers, and business units, to ensure successful project
- Process Improvement: Track record of identifying process
bottlenecks and suggesting process improvements to enhance
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Data Analysis: Strong analytical skills, capable of analyzing
complex data sets to derive valuable insights and support
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication
skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings, present
findings, and convey technical concepts to non-technical
- Documentation: Proficiency in creating detailed documentation
such as user stories, business process flows, and acceptance
- Tool Proficiency: Familiarity with Agile project management
tools and proficiency in using tools for requirements management
- Problem-Solving: Adept at identifying and solving business
problems through innovative solutions and strategic thinking.
- Adaptability: Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic
environment, adapting to changing priorities and business
- Technical Understanding: Basic understanding of technical
concepts and software development processes to effectively
communicate and bridge the gap between business and development
- Highly experienced in Requirements elicitation and
- Hands-on experience with Software Development tools and ability
to perform some scripting tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other documentation
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in
Computer Science or related field - Preferred
- Experience with Carrier business rules and industry standards -
Grade Level: 20G
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination,
harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions. UPS is an equal
opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully
admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in
the U.S. for this employer.
Keywords: UPS, Baltimore , Senior Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!