Regional Safety Manager - $100K
Company: AppleOne Staffing & Executive Search
Location: Owings Mills
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Regional Safety Manager - $100K
About the job
Are you passionate about safety and ready to play a pivotal role in
cultivating a culture where safety is paramount? If so, we have an
exciting opportunity for you. As a Regional Safety Manager, you
will have a direct impact on ensuring compliance with FMCSA and
State DOT regulations, minimizing risks, and fostering a safer work
- Knowledge of H.O.S. and FMCSA regulations
- Manage and enforce corporate safety policies and procedures;
establish and maintain compliance with all safety laws and
regulations issued by federal, state, and local agencies.
- Review and/or investigate any accidents.
- Monitor CSA scores and conduct DataQ challenges.
- Monitor logs and conducts corrective action.
- Monitor Drug & Alcohol program (Random &
- Prepare and conduct Monthly Safety meetings.
- Monitor drivers Safety behaviors and refer for
- Provide guidance and disciplinary actions on safety issues to
drivers, mechanics, warehouse and office employees as
- Order and maintain truck permits.
- Take after hours phone calls for Safety related issued.
- Safety Leadership: Be a driving force in championing a
safety-first culture within our organization. This includes
engaging with our fleet of owner-operators and company drivers,
ensuring their adherence to regulatory standards and implementing
procedures that effectively manage risk.
- Accident Management: Utilize your expertise in handling
accidents and insurance claims, and be available to respond to
accident calls, even during off-hours and weekends. Minimize safety
risks through vigilant monitoring, corrective actions, and
- Performance Enhancement: Take charge of monitoring FMCSA scores
and proactively develop and implement programs to enhance
performance and address any deficiencies. Your role will be
integral in elevating safety standards.
- Compliance Expertise: Possess knowledge of the Drug and Alcohol
Clearinghouse and play a vital role in administering the Federal
Drug & Alcohol Testing Program. Ensure compliance with DOT-specific
safety policies and procedures.
- Effective Training: Employ your effective training techniques
to educate and empower our team in safety matters.
Safety Director Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience (three years of
general work experience in the transportation/trucking
- Preferably Class A CDL, High level of integrity and
dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- Individual must possess strong computer skills and be
proficient with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Requires good written and verbal communication and
- Maintains Professionalism, focused, organized, works well under
pressure and ability to multi-task.
- Individual must possess the ability to communicate and interact
with employees from all levels within the organization.
If you are ready to be at the forefront of safety, have a strong
background in compliance and accident management, and are committed
to continuous improvement, we invite you to join our team. This is
an opportunity to make a tangible difference in the safety
landscape of our organization. We look forward to your
Why Consider AppleOne?
Keywords: AppleOne Staffing & Executive Search, Baltimore , Regional Safety Manager - $100K, Professions , Owings Mills, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!