Company: nTech Solutions
Location: Owings Mills
Posted on: January 15, 2019
- Responsible for support of the virtual desktop environment used for business mission critical applications including Claims Processing, Enrollment, Financial and 250+ other applications.
- The Lead Virtualization Engineer is accountable for departmental results and ensuring 99.98% availability.
- Accountability for the virtual desktop environment includes 350 VMware ESX and 32 IBM P-series servers, 2100 Windows virtual machines, 700 Linux and 900 AIX virtual machines, 1500 virtual desktops, 3500 Citrix desktops connecting to 12+ petabytes of EMC, Pure and NetApp storage.
- Lead Virtualization Engineer will install, configure and manage the VMware vSphere environment: vCenter, hypervisor on new hosts, virtual machines, datastore creation and maintenance.
- Design and implement Enterprise VMware Environment and maintain virtualized architecture using vCenter.
- Provide advance troubleshooting support and problem resolution of the entire Virtualization Infrastructure. Be a primary contact for diagnosing problems on ESXi hosts
- Troubleshooting technology issues, using various resources
- Document lessons learned.
- Develop and create automation to implement best practices for the virtualization environment.
- Follow policies and procedures for Change and Incident Management.
- Document virtualization environment and keep documents updated per the configuration management plan.
- Ensure ongoing operation of systems/applications through troubleshooting, scheduling/monitoring jobs and technology-related business processes, and end user support as needed.
- Health- performance-optimization monitoring of virtualized architecture and participate in rotational System Administration on Call support roster Required Skills
- Virtualization certification (i.e. VMWare certifications: VCA, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX)
- COMPTIA Security +
- 5+ years' extensive administrative experience in VMware virtual infrastructure.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience deploying VMware vSphere, Horizon View, vCenter, vCorps, etc. in an enterprise environment.
- 5+ years' in-depth knowledge of diagnosing and resolving vSphere performance issues.
- 5+ years' experience working with storage systems including SAN (FC FCoE), NAS (CIFS and NFS), PURE, EMC and NetApp.
- 5+ years' experience working with windows technologies and design (Domain Controllers, IIS, & clustering).
- Working knowledge of Dell EMC VXRail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, Linux server experience.
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong communications and collaboration skills.
- Incumbent must possess excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written), Ability to multi task.
- Organization and time management skills, and very good analytical skills.
- Experience in and understanding of an Information Technology environment is necessary.
- Troubleshooting and prioritization skills are very important ability to think outside the box.
- Threat management and remediation
- Software distribution and packaging with AppVolumes and ThinApp
- Thin Client and Remote Agent Support using associated tools
- Change and release management using Teamtrack
- Client performance, monitoring and benchmarking
- Ability to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation, and project management.
- Technical leader, lead project management experience
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast and changing IT environment
- Ability to multitask. - provided by Dice VMware
Keywords: nTech Solutions, Baltimore , VMware Consultant, Professions , Owings Mills, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!