Company: McNeill Hotel Company
Posted on: February 15, 2019
SUMMARY: Responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the hotel as directed by the Chief
Engineer and General Manager.
What's in it for you:
- PTO (Paid vacation after 1 year of service)
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options
- Short and long-term--disability options
- Employer paid life insurance with additional coverage options
- Employee Travel Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively and professionally communicates with co-workers and supervisor
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies are corrected
- Administers the preventative and repair maintenance program as required, properly completing work orders on time
- Record and report completed repairs and items that need further attention
- Adhere to all local, state, federal laws and safety regulations
- Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines
- Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the safety and security of hotel guests, staff and assets
- Ensure the security of all inventory, including but not limited to, tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, and televisions
- Replenishes supplies and inventory efficiently to minimize waste
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of, and products and materials used in, repair activities
- Obtains pricing and bids as directed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. A minimum of 2 years-experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services for a hotel.
- Certification and/or License Requirement: Professional certification and licensure if
- required by law. Minimum Type III EPA Certification for refrigerant reclamation and
- Technical crafts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.). Specialization in these trades is desired. An ability to advance knowledge in these areas is essential.
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to monitor contractor activity
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Will be required to work in a fast-paced environment
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud
Internal: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Peers, Chief Engineer and FieldOperations at the corporate level
External: Vendors - For purchasing and receiving suppliesGuests - To provide customer service
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job
functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental
activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or
she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to accomplish maintenance and engineering
functions of the hotel. This person must understand the practices, techniques and
technologies required in the work they are performing or monitoring.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk;
sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required use
sense of smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust or focus.
A significant portion of time will be spent moving about the hotel and frequent lifting of up
to 75 pounds and carrying of up to 25 pounds may be required.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks delegated
and completed, to order supplies or to read and understand equipment manuals and plans.
Reasoning abilities are always utilized. Basic mathematical abilities are utilized a significant
portion of the time.
This person will need to be able to react quickly in emergency situations and make decisions
that may involve the safety of others or a great amount of money.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: McNeill Hotel Company, Baltimore , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!