Project BIM Lead
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Tracking Code 1759 Job DescriptionWe Drive Innovation and Build Careers As a company that prides itself on innovation and collaboration, Southland Industries continues to pave the way as an industry leader in constructability, sustainability and energy efficiency. We strive to improve the way buildings are designed, built, and operated.We are a MEP building systems firm that provides innovative, yet practical engineering, construction, service, building automation, and energy solutions. For 65+ years, we have been optimizing each stage of the building lifecycle with our in-house expertise and improving how buildings are designed, built, and maintained. We are currently a 800+ million dollar company with ambitious growth plans. If you're someone with a true passion for our industry, we're looking for you! At Southland, we seek people that don't just follow a career path, but blaze their own. People who want to apply innovation to their problem solving and embrace the concept of full collaboration between disciplines work at Southland. We appreciate the spirit of integrity and entrepreneurialism with which our people act, and have learned that the more opportunity we allow our employees, the greater the results. Each part of our business is interconnected and requires input from others, which has led to the collaborative setting from which we thrive. Join our team and become a part of an organization that values work-life balance, community, and exceptional quality of work. What you'll do: You'll be a key member of our team that is responsible for highly technical aspects of the BIM process in order for the engineers, designers, and construction members to focus on what they do best.
- You'll support a project or projects during design, construction and to project close-out (dedicated to one large project or many smaller projects, based on your workload)
- You'll be responsible for project planning, scheduling, staffing, training, project setup and management and procure content needed for a specific project
- You'll manage file sharing with other disciplines for design and coordination processes. (Arch, GC, EE, EC, FP) and coordinate the set-up of shared file server with the BIM Team and IT staff, this includes access, security and archiving of milestone submittals (Arch, GC, EE, EC, FP).
- You'll interface with IT staff to ensure the BIM Team has the necessary hardware and BIM Software properly installed and accessible for project use; coordinate BIM project workflow and software training for efficient project delivery
- You'll coordinate BIM development, standards, data requirements, etc. as required by company standards and project requirements
- You'll coordinate design/coordination sequencing and scheduling activities to assure they are integrated with the BIM modeling effort.
- You'll be responsible for the development, coordination, publication, and verification that all necessary configurations have been implemented
- You'll ensure construction documents derived from the BIM model adhere to company standards and project requirements What you'll need to be successful:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related construction, engineering, or technical discipline or equivalent
- MUST HAVE experience with HVAC, piping, plumbing and/or electrical BIM
- Intermediate level knowledge of BIM processes and technologies, especially Revit MEP, AutoCAD, and Navisworks
- Knowledge of industry standards such as NBIMS (National BIM Standard), NCS (National CAD Standard), AEC (Architectural, Electrical, and Construction-Mechanical Piping, Sheetmetal, Plumbing)
- Project experience with Trimble (or other Total Station Unit)
- Working experience with Excel
- Sheetmetal, Mechanical Piping, or Plumbing experience preferred
- Knowledge of: LISP, C#, VB.Net, CMD (Batch)
- Knowledge of Autodesk products (or comparable products) is essential: Revit, AutoCAD, Fabrication (CADmep), Navisworks, 360 Glue
- Some knowledge of additional BIM related software is a plus: Autodesk 3ds Max Design, MEPCAD AutoSprink Great to have - Computer Programming (Revit and AutoCAD API) experience a plus and some knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Audition a plus If you love to troubleshoot and problem solve, this is a great position to hone those skills. We also love people who our inquisitive, love to drive innovation and are self-starters Does this sound like you? Come work for us! Benefits: As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web site: or on Facebook or LinkedIn or Twitter Southland Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.Job Location Laurel, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Envise, Baltimore , Project BIM Lead, Professions , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!