Analyst I Microbiology-3rd Shift
Company: Emergent BioSolutions
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
I: Job Summary Responsible for conducting qualitative and
quantitative microbial analyses in support of environmental
monitoring, cGMP manufacturing and stability of drug products and
incoming raw materials. II: Responsibilities
- Perform various microbiological testing procedures as per
manufacturing/Quality Control batch records, stability protocols,
raw material requests for testing, etc.
- Perform environmental monitoring and utility testing of the
- Performs environmental monitoring during fill
- Operation of a biohazard trash autoclave.
- Perform daily checks on equipment.
- Stock the lab on a daily basis.
- Cleaning the lab and equipment.
- Prepping of materials requiring sterilization.
- Inform supervisor/manager upon observing OOS, OOL, or
generation of deviations.
- Participate in validation, troubleshooting various types of
equipment including proactive resolution of instrument
- Write and review SOP's and Testing Standards as
- Review, analyze, interpret and report data.
- Verifies and enters approved results in laboratory information
management systems (LIMS).
- Prepare disinfectant solutions, reagents, samples for
- Participate in investigations and other related
- Practice Good Documentation and Laboratory Safety Procedures
per the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Track time worked per project.
- Participate in and attend professional seminars, conferences
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list
of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills To perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
competencies to perform the essential functions of this
- Technical/Professional Knowledge- having achieved a
satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge
in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and
trends in areas of expertise.
- Communication- the individual speaks clearly and persuasively
in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation
skills and conducts productive meetings.
- Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work
activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action
- Safety and Security- the individual observes safety and
security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. May
be required to lift items that are approximately 25lbs.
- Adaptability - maintains effectiveness when experiencing major
changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting
effectively to work within new work structures, processes,
requirements, or cultures.
- Stress Tolerance- maintaining stable performance under pressure
or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling
stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the
Education: BS in Microbiology/Biology or related field.
Experience: Minimum of 0 - 2 years in the Pharmaceutical or
Biotechnology with emphasis in one of the following areas: aseptic
processing, QC, Microbiology, environmental monitoring, water
system, quality control, validation and manufacturing
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good
eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach
outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel,
sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 25lbs,
and pull 25lbs. Use phone, fax, copier, and computer. Use hand
tools. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise
measurements, problem solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, and
prepare written communications. Work around noise above
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected
Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions, Baltimore , Analyst I Microbiology-3rd Shift, Professions , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!