Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Company: IronNet Cybersecurity
Posted on: September 14, 2019
What's your mission?
At IronNet Cybersecurity, our mission is simple: To deliver the
power of collective cybersecurity to defend companies, sectors, and
nations. In response to cyber adversaries who increasingly
collaborate for collective offense, leading organizations in our
critical infrastructure are using collective defense strategies and
solutions to meet these powerful and ever-changing threats. We
believe that collective defense is our collective responsibility
and we are leading the charge.
IronNet delivers unmatched collective cyber threat detection for
enterprise on-premise, cloud, and hybrid networks. We do this
through the application of advanced behavioral analytics, AI, and
machine learning techniques. Our team combines the tradecraft
knowledge of the best offensive and defensive cyber operators in
the world with world-class mathematicians and data scientists to
engineer solutions that empower companies to defend against
IronNet is recognized in Gartner's 2019 Market Guide for Network
Traffic Analysis and was recently named a Vendor to Watch by
Enterprise Management Associates. Our founder and Co-CEO, General
(Ret) Keith Alexander, is a recognized cybersecurity innovator and
a frequent speaker about current cyberthreats and effective
defenses. We have a leadership team with deep government and
commercial cyber experience and are advised by a board of esteemed
security and venture investment professionals.
Applicants for the Cyber Operations Center (CyOC) Cyber Threat
Intelligence Analyst must be an information security professional
with background knowledge in network-based adversary Tactics,
Techniques, and Procedures (TTP), network protocols, and network
traffic analysis. The applicant should provide expert level
technical research combined with sophisticated information analysis
to produce intelligence reports and estimates that will make
predictions and communicate results to consumers. The applicant
will work with other teams to deliver products, recommendations,
guidance, and estimates to senior leadership within IronNet as well
as to third-party stakeholders.
This position may require the ability to work night shifts and has
limited travel. Job location is in Maple Lawn (Fulton), MD or
Tysons Corner, VA
MUST BE A US CITIZEN
- Possess masterful skills in critical thinking and adversary
mindset and tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Experience with Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion
Prevention Systems, and Incident Response methodologies
- Deep understanding of the cyber attack methodologies to apply
to information analysis and intelligence production
- Deep understanding of network defense methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the
extensive ability for report production and documentation for
sharing threat information.
- Deep understanding of attack methods and recognition of
behaviors within a network
- Proficient with Python, Perl, or other scripting languages
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate on the assessment of risk
across the company
- Maintain current knowledge of one or more regions, countries,
non-state entities, and or technologies in your analysis
- Directly engage with company incident response activity to
assist in support of the Company and CyOC to determine courses of
action and conduct assessments for current and anticipated
conditions of the network/company.
- Use archived and current information from anomalous network
activity to develop trends and trend analysis for anomalous and
identified adversary behaviors.
- Directly support Operations in all matters concerning threat
behaviors, threat identification, and emerging or changing tactics,
techniques and procedures for responding to threat activity.
- In conjunction with other members in the CyOC, conduct a
network damage assessment with routine updates within the CyOC and
to senior leadership teams as necessary.
- Using pertinent legal guidelines and/or policies; determine
which portions of information should be shared outside of the CyOC,
with stakeholders, and with partners/customers/media.
- Actively conduct open source research in support of operations,
threat hunting, analytic development, threat emulations, and sales
- Assist malware analysis team as needed
- Contribute to the company blog and other forums, with periodic
bulletins or articles concerning threat intelligence/the IronNet
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or like degree [preferred
but not required.]
- Minimum of 3-5 years total experience in one or more of the
following areas: (a) threat intelligence/research, (b) incident
response, (c) red team/pentesting, (d) and/or intrusion analysis.
Preferably within a community that employed threat intelligence
- GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification)
- ISSEP (Information Systems Security Engineering
- Intelligence Community experience is highly beneficial
IronNet Cybersecurity offers an excellent benefits package, an
award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly
skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
IronNet Cybersecurity is an equal opportunity employer that values
diversity at all levels. (EOE -Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: IronNet Cybersecurity, Baltimore , Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Fulton, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!