Company: Pall corporation
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Find what drives you on a team with a 70 year history of being
recognized for discovery, determination, and innovation. As a
global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and
purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers
protect people. Our portfolio is broad, so if your interests lie
along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you'll find a
rewarding role here. Our career opportunities are as diverse as our
products and they are all focused on creating better lives and a
better planet. At Pall, we believe that innovation is our legacy,
our privilege, and our destiny. If that resonates with you, join
The Materials Planner is responsible for materials planning,
scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of
specific customer products. The person in this role will plan and
coordinate receipt and inventory of material to ensure on-time
delivery of customer orders while achieving assigned inventory
levels. Utilize various business systems, a variety of reports and
other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of
customer requirements. Drives activities to ensure achievement of
supply alignment to optimize revenue by period.
Other duties include:
* Material demand in ERP based on production planning, maintenance
planning, repairs planning, sales orders or statistical
* Issues daily replenishment orders in accordance with MRP for
assigned product lines or suppliers.
* Material Net Requirements and forecasts in ERP (or alternative)
based on MRP process.
* Leadership and coordination of missing parts anticipation process
and missing parts root cause analysis.
* Planning and inventory strategy deployment based on parts
typology, demand input, volume, price and other potential
characteristics. Analyze and establish safety stock levels .
* Leads activities cross functionally to help assure ability to
execute the supply chain and to revenue optimization activities -
i.e., identifies available inventory and orders that we can ship
* Communication with Factory on expected supply plan to assure
revenue outlook is accurate. Provides updates and visibility
regularly. Maintains up-to-date systems data such as safety stocks,
lead times, minimum buys, planner notes.
* Responsible for purchasing material from our suppliers, internal
and external, to ensure appropriate levels of inventory based on
our on customer needs.
* Routinely reschedules purchase orders (expedites, de-expedites,
or cancels) so that the operating system can be a reliable
indicator on shipping date to production facility. Works MRP
messages and resolves late in-transit issues to assure an accurate
* Works with Materials Review Board (MRB) to determine disposition
and makes recommendation to prevent scrap. Focus on preventing new
and reducing existing inventory obsolescence.
* Balances current and future demand requirements with
manufacturing and supplier capabilities/ capacities to ensure
completion of customer requirements.
* Supports cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to
achieve overall business objectives.
* Supports New Product Launch planning processes and forecast
outlook collaboration along with Spare parts program and Customer
* Proactively provide updates to Sales Representatives through
verbal or electronic communication with best available information
to support customer satisfaction objectives.
* Track and Monitor weekly shipment plan vs. actual for the
assigned product category
* Month-end Revenue Projection and Reporting
* Leads calls with internal teams for supply and revenue outlook
and some Customer visits around supply challenges may be required
* Initiate expedite shipment request to Logistics as necessary.
* Other duties upon request.
* Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or other related
field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 4 years of purchasing or planning experience in a manufacturing
environment is preferred; manufacturing experience in a planning
* Advanced Excel skills required (V-lookups, pivot tables, and
* Experience using large ERP in purchasing or planning activities
is required. SAP is preferred.
* APICS CPIM or CPM certification preferred but not required.
* Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly
diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a
page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and
it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and
all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate
applicants without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: Pall corporation, Baltimore , Materials Planner, Professions , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!