Territory Sales Manager
Company: Cameron Ashley Building Products, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Who is Cameron Ashley Building Products?
Cameron Ashley is a customer-focused wholesale distributor of
roofing, insulation, gypsum, siding, and other specialty building
products. We deliver an industry leading portfolio of marquee
brands to customers in the lumber and building materials industry.
Cameron Ashley operates a network of more than 50+ distribution
centers stocking large quantities of building materials locally
throughout the United States. We feature a variety of
customer-focused delivery options under the same day or next day
FAST delivery banner. Our relationship-based approach rewards
customers with their PLUS - Points loyalty program, FREE
merchandising, as well as purchasing and show incentives. We work
each day to exceed our customer expectations in a fun and rewarding
environment. That means a laid-back atmosphere, casual dress, and
open communication where employees are empowered to win every day.
We offer a full benefits package including ample vacation and sick
time, paid medical, dental,and vision, 401K match, and much
We look for passionate individuals who enjoy working as part of a
team in a customer-focused environment.
At Cameron Ashley we Play To Win!
So, who is ready to join our Team and compete every day? POSITION
SUMMARYThe primary function of this position is to drive the sales
growth of the Company's wide array of products and services within
a geographical area. The Territory Sales Manager focuses on
leveraging best-in-class industry and product knowledge to champion
the Company's value-add within strategically aligned customer
bases. Additionally, the TSM proactively engages with both
existing, new, and target customers to increase our industry and
sales footprint.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Proactively and consistently engages with new, existing, and
potential customers to establish an effective sales
- Actively develops and drives strategic growth strategies to
better manage relationships with customer accounts
- Utilizes product knowledge and industry/geography/market
awareness to successfully represent the Company's products and
- Develops assigned geographical area by utilizing strategic
contacts & corresponding relationships while also targeting new
- Working in conjunction with the Distribution Center Manager and
Inside Sales Rep(s), executes appropriate key account penetration
and development strategies to grow existing customers business and
to target and close new business
- Provide quotes in a timely manner while selling customers on
the Company's value-add and service
- Handles price objections, negotiations, and preparation of
- Keep the customer up to date on product and price
- Develops and delivers sales and educational presentations in a
professional and effective manner to our internal and external
- Record, analyze, report & forecast account information to
identify sales strategies and objectives
- Other responsibilities as assignedTECHNOLOGY and TOOLS
- Electronic Email Software
- Office Suite Technology: working knowledge at an intermediate
- Desktop Computer/Laptop Computer
- Active Listening -Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Speaking -Talking to others to convey information
- Persuasion -Persuading others to change their minds or
- Social Perceptiveness -Being aware of others' reactions and
understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Communication - Excellent written and verbal communication
- Selling or Influencing Others -Convincing others to buy goods
or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization -Communicating
with people outside the organization, representing the organization
to customers and other external sources. This information can be
exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
-Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with
others and maintaining them over time.
- Getting Information -Observing, receiving, and otherwise
obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -
Providing information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone,
in written form, e-mail, or in person. REQUIREMENTS: EXPERIENCE AND
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Outside sales experience is a must - Building products
experience is preferred
- Ability to understand the key aspects of selling on value as
opposed to price
- Demonstrated ability to work within the dynamic and evolving
- Maintains a self-directed approach to the study of new
products, literature, promotions, and trade publications
- Territory travel (50 - 75%); with limited overnight travel
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass drug test and background verifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this jobs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of the job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER We offer a competitive salary,
excellent benefits, and paid time off. Cameron Ashley is an equal
opportunity employer.Employment with the Company is always
* This description reflects the assignment of essential functions.
It does not proscribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned.
Keywords: Cameron Ashley Building Products, Inc., Baltimore , Territory Sales Manager, Sales , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!