Furniture Sales Lead
Company: Big Lots
Posted on: November 20, 2023
When you join our team, you'll enjoy extra savings with a 20%
discount on almost everything in store - even food! And a 30%
discount on Indoor and Outdoor furniture. Additional benefits
include a same day pay option (hourly associates only), discounts
on Apple products, Verizon, AT&T services, and more! For More
information about benefits, see
Primarily responsible for leading the furniture team and for
driving furniture sales. Accountable for the furniture department's
overall performance, including furniture merchandising,
presentation, and recovery standards, as well as for furniture
sales metrics. Works collaboratively with store leadership to
accomplish furniture sales and operational goals and tasks to help
drive overall store performance. When serving as Manager on Duty,
leads and provides direction to store associates performing all
cashiering, customer service, recovery, and furniture-related
activities on the sales floor.
1. Responsible for the leadership and operational performance of
the furniture department, including furniture sales and related
processes, furniture salesperson training, customer service, and
merchandising and presentation standards.
2. Provides clear work direction and coaching to furniture sales
team members regarding all aspects of the sales process, including
merchandising, new product information, competing product
comparisons, cashiering, lease to purchase, price holds, and
3. Provides feedback to store leadership regarding the team's
4. Assists customers with product information, selection, and
purchase and ensures third party delivery program is marketed to
customers and understood by associates.
5. Manages the price hold process, including weekly audits.
6. Maintains furniture department inventory, including cycle
counts, in an effort to maximize sales and inventory turn.
7. Identifies furniture display needs in sufficient time to allow
displays to be built and merchandising standards to be
8. Develops plans for furniture department coverage during special
9. Strives to continually improve the furniture department's sales
and ensures merchandising and presentation standards, signage,
recovery, and cleanliness are maintained.
10. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed including opening
and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides
leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that
store, merchandising, and customer service standards are
continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage,
recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and
ensures resolution of customer issues.
11. Assists with recovery of the entire store as needed.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum one-year retail sales experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated furniture merchandising and sales skills
4. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
5. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off
store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long
periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual
6. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 30 hours
per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
7. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
The actual hourly rate will equal or exceed the required minimum
wage applicable to the job location.
Keywords: Big Lots, Baltimore , Furniture Sales Lead, Sales , Edgewood, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!